Expanding The Stadium...

RangersMedia

Global economic crisis. Global cash crisis. Football cash crisis. Season ticket numbers in freefall. Average crowd numbers in freefall.

And a few people suggesting spending Tens of millions to stick 12,000 empty seats into our stadium just so we can say my da is bigger than your da.

The worrying part is......they arent even joking. doh

Its called hypothetical thinking and it creates a better talking point than the "Oh my god we are doomed" merchants that normally create topics on here.

Lighten up for crying out loud, if you don't like the topic then fine but come on to fuck its not as if people are demanding it happen or really think it is something we would do.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called hypothetical thinking and it creates a better talking point than the "Oh my god we are doomed" merchants that normally create topics on here.

Lighten up for crying out loud, if you don't like the topic then fine but come on to fuck its not as if people are demanding it happen or really think it is something we would do.

The topic is fine mate. It's the posts from a few saying we should do this "coz we need to be the biggest" and general shit like that I was aiming that at. (tu)

The topic is fine mate. It's the posts from a few saying we should do this "coz we need to be the biggest" and general shit like that I was aiming that at. (tu)

Ah right. Fair enough mate (tu)

Thats just a football mentality though, especially at a club like The Rangers. Always wanting to be bigger, better and more successful than your rivals.

I'm not going to lie, I would love Ibrox to be bigger than Porkhead but its not somehing that is a priority to me. If Scottish football took a massive turn for the better and attendances improved dramatically and money got back into the game then I'd like to see it happen but right now it makes no sense at all to increase the capacity.

I remember someone telling me that it wouldn't be possible to remove the screens and add seats because of foundations or something. I don't know if that's even got the slightest bit of truth, though.

Would be nice to see the area around Ibrox developed as well.

Ah right. Fair enough mate (tu)

Thats just a football mentality though, especially at a club like The Rangers. Always wanting to be bigger, better and more successful than your rivals.

I'm not going to lie, I would love Ibrox to be bigger than Porkhead but its not somehing that is a priority to me. If Scottish football took a massive turn for the better and attendances improved dramatically and money got back into the game then I'd like to see it happen but right now it makes no sense at all to increase the capacity.

(tu)

Something good about Murray :sherlock:.

The Govan was originally 10,500 seats so 8,000 on top would need to cover most of what is already there ... not really the case with the main stand / enclosure

I know what you mean. It doesn't seem feasible but it does work. Man United's expansion gives you an excellent insight into how it would be achieved. Their ground was a pig sty when I was first there in 1993. Since then they have built it up bit-by-bit. As they have done so, the (outside) of the ground has got ever more complicated - there's actually a tunnel you can drive through now at the base of the stadium - MENTAL. That's actually what would have to happen if we expanded the Govan.

A third tier on it would only 'slightly' overhang the current rear section (just like the rear overhangs the front) . I'm using Man U's expansion as a concrete example because ours would be very similar. I must say though - when thinking about a season ticket - no one with vertigo need apply!!!...