Best Keeper Of The Last 25 Years

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who's been our best keeper from the last 25 years?

• Chris Woods 86-91
    • Andy Goram 91-98
    • Stefan Klos 98-07
    • Allan McGregor 98-present

all 4 were great, but i believe even though he was only here for a short time the mullet (wattereus) managed to keep klos out of the team when klos regained full fitness, and was an excellent keeper

i always remember his performance at the piggery where we won 2-0, and then in porto the following season where our 1-1 draw secured euro football after xmas, his save after mccormack scored the equaliser was fucking outstanding

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely has to be Goram for me aswell..

Goram also said that if he could of hand picked his replacement he couldn't have picked better than Klos to whom he speaks so highly of aswell..

What's so interesting about that aswell is that both are not the tallest of keepers, but their outstanding ability meant it wasn't a problem.

I think it was in his Auto-biography but Goram said Charbonnier was a disrespectful cunt (or something along those lines).

Stats as follows,

Chris Woods - 262 Apps/129 Clean Sheets

Andy Goram - 286 Apps/115 Clean Sheets

Stefan Klos - 318 Apps/115 Clean Sheets

Allan McGregor - 285 Apps/134 Clean Sheets

P.s these include all apperances including friendlies ect.

Klos actually kept 149 clean sheets in his 298 competitive games, i dont know where you are getting these stats but they are wrong. i put a lot of research into goalkeepers who had played a significant number of games for rangers over the course of our history and not one keeper kept more clean sheets than stefan. der goalie kept clean sheets in just under 50% of his games

That should read:

Chris Woods - 262 Apps/129 Clean Sheets

Andy Goram - 286 Apps/115 Clean Sheets

Stefan Klos - 318 Apps/155 Clean Sheets

Allan McGregor - 285 Apps/134 Clean Sheets

Obviously a typo by hutchy.

We have had keepers over the years that would get a start in any league today.

While i loved Klos i'm sure gorams reputation must have been well earned.. i decided not to vote, because i can't choose, based on stats it looks to be Klos with MacGregor closing in, but i reckon the ability of Goram is what wins him the reputation. However, if the poll was "Which british team has had the best goalkeepers over the last 25 years" The answer is Rangers.

Loved Woods and wasn't impressed by Goram's initial performances (Scott Crabb at Tannadice) but boy did he prove me wrong, the night at Elland Road was quite simply the greatest display I have ever seen from a goalie.

Woods, Kloss and McGreggor were/are great goalkeepers, Goram wasn't only world class, he genuinely was the best in the world.

All four are/were 5 star, world class keepers. No question IMO.

We have been very blessed over the years...I doubt there is a club in the world that has had 4 better keepers in the last 20 years!

As for the Winner, it HAS to be GORAM. We won matches we were total shite in because this man stop everything for 89 mins, then spurred us up the park to get the winner! Sometimes against Celtic especially he was literally unbelievable. You even KNEW he would save penalties at times.

Legend of the highest order.