Sasa at left mid

TheLawMan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet both games he has played there we have won!! I think he will only be there for select away games.

The way people are harping on about it you would think Super got both games tactically wrong and we dropped points.

He did get it wrong, and not for the first time, but the lack of quality opposition is alowing us to get away with it.

I can't understand why any Rangers supporter would be against people talking about a need for continual improvement. <cr>

He did get it wrong, and not for the first time, but the lack of quality opposition is alowing us to get away with it.

I can't understand why any Rangers supporter would be against people talking about a need for continual improvement. <cr>

I don't agree that he got it wrong but we will have to agree to disagree there.

I am not against people talking about the need for continual improvement just don't see the point in making the same points over and over again after the games. (Games which we are winning.)

Just my opinion.

If we'd won with the exact same score line with McKay playing at left mid, would he have got it wrong? Some folk. The left hand side of our team was rock solid. You won't hear me complaining about two very good wins. Well done Super

I don't agree that he got it wrong but we will have to agree to disagree there.

I am not against people talking about the need for continual improvement just don't see the point in making the same points over and over again after the games. (Games which we are winning.)

Just my opinion.

Do we just wait until it costs us then and we do drop points?

There has been no evidence that it will cost us... indeed in the past 2 games the main problems caused against us have been down the right hand side of the pitch and the left hand side has had a real solid look to it.

What if we switch to McKay and lose a game with a goal that comes down his flank, where Wallace/Papac might have provided more defensive cover?

It's all ifs and buts. The only hard facts are that we won two of our hardest away games with that combination on the left hand side

What if we switch to McKay and lose a game with a goal that comes down his flank, where Wallace/Papac might have provided more defensive cover?

It's all ifs and buts. The only hard facts are that we won two of our hardest away games with that combination on the left hand side

(tu)

There has been no evidence that it will cost us... indeed in the past 2 games the main problems caused against us have been down the right hand side of the pitch and the left hand side has had a real solid look to it.

I think we have had a soft centre despite having 3 players in there. Midfield has been lost in both matches we have won strangely enough. Great credit to our defence and attack.

If we'd won with the exact same score line with McKay playing at left mid, would he have got it wrong? Some folk. The left hand side of our team was rock solid. You won't hear me complaining about two very good wins. Well done Super

And if we'd won with the exact same scoreline against East Stirling?

The opposition should have fuck all to do with us striving to be the best we can. Doing just enough is not something we should embrace.

(tu)

Exactly. I just find it awfully frustrating when we're literally 13 games unbeaten and yet people are continually telling Super he's getting it all wrong. The team will change depending on who we face, fully expect to see a more dynamic player on the left flank when Ally thinks there's less of a threat going to come at them. It's called management. I just await the thread when we lose for the first time and some folk will be bemoaning Ally for playing Wylde instead of Wallace. Who'd be a manager eh?

Exactly. I just find it awfully frustrating when we're literally 13 games unbeaten and yet people are continually telling Super he's getting it all wrong. The team will change depending on who we face, fully expect to see a more dynamic player on the left flank when Ally thinks there's less of a threat going to come at them. It's called management. I just await the thread when we lose for the first time and some folk will be bemoaning Ally for playing Wylde instead of Wallace. Who'd be a manager eh?

I dont think they are mate, its just debate. Having a failed centre half out on the left wing is certainly a talking point, no? :)

If we lose! :)

(tu)

The opposition should have fuck all to do with us striving to be the best we can. Doing just enough is not something we should embrace.

No offence but you'd make a shite manager. Any manager adapts to who they are facing. We are no different. You are crazy if you think a 2-0 win at hearts isn't a very very good score for us. There's a difference between 'doing enough' and being tactically naive, ask Neil Lennon and Tony Mowbray. Simply, I'm not gonna whine after 13 league games unbeaten

I dont think they are mate, its just debate. Having a failed centre half out on the left wing is certainly a talking point, no? :)

If we lose! :)

(tu)

Look about though. Threads on why jig shouldn't play, on why McMillan should play ahead of Whittaker, now why we can't have a defensive left side for some games. Don't mind debate but hate whingeing after we've gone 12 points clear. I dunno, it gets tiring

I think we have had a soft centre despite having 3 players in there. Midfield has been lost in both matches we have won strangely enough. Great credit to our defence and attack.

What's that got to do with the Left hand side?

On that point though, I can't recall either Aberdeen or Hearts running straight through the middle of us tbh.. but could be wrong.

You genuinely believe the same tactics would be employed vs East Stirling?

Doing just enough is what we have done for years now.... it has landed us 3 titles in a row and also a trip to Manchester.

No offence but you'd make a shite manager. Any manager adapts to who they are facing. We are no different. You are crazy if you think a 2-0 win at hearts isn't a very very good score for us. There's a difference between 'doing enough' and being tactically naive, ask Neil Lennon and Tony Mowbray. Simply, I'm not gonna whine after 13 league games unbeaten

I may not be a top manager, but I do know the difference between the score and the performance. If you can supply evidence of me or anyone else moaning about beating Hearts 2-0, I'd be very surprised.

Look about though. Threads on why jig shouldn't play, on why McMillan should play ahead of Whittaker, now why we can't have a defensive left side for some games. Don't mind debate but hate whingeing after we've gone 12 points clear. I dunno, it gets tiring

Everyone is different and we have so many fans, opinions and feelings will be so different it is going to bring up some crazy opinions, ideas and people.

Its not like we are playing so well we are above debate on how we are playing or constructive criticism.

Despite being a little bit in front so early in the league, we can always improve. Our midfield has been poor the last few weeks, dont you agree? Dare i say since Lee came back in and thats the sort of stuff which stimulates debate?

(tu)

I may not be a top manager, but I do know the difference between the score and the performance. If you can supply evidence of me or anyone else moaning about beating Hearts 2-0, I'd be very surprised.

Ok not moaning about the score but a generally unhappiness with the way we play. The reality is we aren't a brilliant enough side to assume that the opposition is a non-issue. Hearts are a decent spl side who I'm happy simply to beat. As I said before, it really all is ifs and buts. I think that we'd have struggled to have got a better result, regardless how how we changed our side.

It's not that people are unhappy with results, just that there seems to be a kind of unaporeciation for the start we have made

Ok not moaning about the score but a generally unhappiness with the way we play. The reality is we aren't a brilliant enough side to assume that the opposition is a non-issue. Hearts are a decent spl side who I'm happy simply to beat. As I said before, it really all is ifs and buts. I think that we'd have struggled to have got a better result, regardless how how we changed our side.

It's not that people are unhappy with results, just that there seems to be a kind of unaporeciation for the start we have made

Many of the lessons which cost us our European participation are still in evidence. Continuing to ignore them may not cost us the league, but when we encounter superior teams in next season's qualifiers, we may suffer further damage to our pride and our bank balance.

What's that got to do with the Left hand side? On that point though, I can't recall either Aberdeen or Hearts running straight through the middle of us tbh.. but could be wrong.You genuinely believe the same tactics would be employed vs East Stirling? Doing just enough is what we have done for years now.... it has landed us 3 titles in a row and also a trip to Manchester.

You said the right was the problem, i say its the middle of the park. Teams walking through us.

That East Stirling stuff is nothing to do with me, i dont know what thats about.

Just doing enough, or not in these cases, has also seen us fail in Europe to some of the weakest opposition we have ever faced. Thinking we could get away with poor tactics and play poor line ups which got us by in previous league games.

Many of the lessons which cost us our European participation are still in evidence. Continuing to ignore them may not cost us the league, but when we encounter superior teams in next season's qualifiers, we may suffer further damage to our pride and our bank balance.

This is essentially a pointless argument because no tactic is 'correct' or 'wrong' - only 'succesful' or 'unsuccesful' - you might opine that we got knocked out of Europe because of negativity, I'd argue that it was far more to do with idiotic red cards and dreadful misses from our forward line. Even if it was the negativity that got us knocked out of Europe, it's a tactic which worked with resounding success recently, getting us to the uefa cup final. My point being, all Ally can go on is experience

As I said previously, the only hard facts are that we won 2 of our toughest away games with that pairing on the left. We may have done as well, or even better with whoever you'd like in the side there, but there's literally no way of knowing that to be true. All Ally can go in is recent experience, which would tell him that the Papac/Wallace combo is 'effective'

In this time, when the future of our club is in doubt, I'm of the opinion that winning is what is important at this moment in time. I'd love us to play wonderful football while we're at it but I'll settle for success. Anyway, going round in circles. I'll place my trust in the management team

The way i see it is that if we can beat the sheep 2-1 with 10 effective men, then we can beat them 3-1 or 4-1 with 11.

If the debate was that the Sasa actually played well in that position in the 3 games he has been there, then i would accept the counter debate, but a counter debate of "aye but we won" is just not on.

Its clear to me from watching only 3 games, though i knew it was going to be the case the first minute i heard he was going to be playing there, that he is not, nor will never be a left midfielder.

How many players are we just gonna shoe-horn into that shit position. :disappointment: