What is it with Rangers ,

Maxou

My internet connection is fucking dead, so I'm not up to date with what's hapenning about Rangers... I just read yesterday that the club could go into administration and may face european ban ,!! <cr>

What's going on ,

Well, IF we lose the tax case, we owe £49M. To pay this back, we may have to call in administrators (automatic 10 point deduction), and if we still can't pay it back, then we face insolvency, which brings in a 3 year European ban, because we would have to change our name.

Anyway, what all this hysteria ignores is that we could quite easily recoup a decent amount of the £49M through the sales of our top few players; even more if we decided to sell Ibrox, then lease it back (BVB did this a few years ago, PSV did it this year). Other than that, there's also the prospect of a share issue, or the sale of Murray Park. Even then, this is assuming that Craig Whyte is not prepared to pay a penny himself.

Basically, the current runners up are in such a mess right now that they are depending on us losing this tax case. Writing about it is a great distraction from their own failings.

My personal feeling is that, in one way or another, we won't have to pay the £49M, but I doubt we'll get off scot free either.

Ok, cheers mate ;) So we just have to win the taxe case and everything will be alright then.

3 years without europe, or having to sell some of our top players would be a huge blow. And I don't want us to sell Ibrox, I haven't attended a match yet ffs :lol::(

Anyway the title is already won, with or without Naismith. And you're right about the journalists not writing about celtic'failures : the scottish sun headline is about Redknapp's interest in Forest.