Mindsets of Athletes Explains Today's Result

Canadaready

For those of you with a sporting past, I hope that you at some time in your life experienced the thrill of dominating at your sport of choice.

I think that the result today was the culmination of a lot of things, and, in the end, might spell good things the rest of the way this SPL season.

Now, as fans, we always want Rangers to dominate the SPL. As for the players, we can hope that they feel the same way. But, it is human nature to get complacent. This club has won three straight SPL titles and blasted out to a huge lead in the standings. Things got stale. Life was easy. I can almost guarantee the fire that was there in 2009 was far higher than at the kickoff of the last Old Firm game... but, we lost.

That loss might be the best thing that could happen to this years side. When was the last time any of these players felt the sting of losing a meaningful SPL game to the scum?

If this crew of men is worth anything, they will bounce back... after all, it is also human nature to want to succeed.... sometime it takes a beat down to get there though.

For those of you with a sporting past, I hope that you at some time in your life experienced the thrill of dominating at your sport of choice.

Primary School marbles champion from p4 - p7. The late 1970s were halcyon days for me.