What would the SPL/SFA do if...

Govan Front 78

Hey all, just a random thought regarding the possible aftermath of the tax case (yep, the one everyone including me is fed up of hearing about, sorry!) - IF the worst were to happen & we lost, resulting in a big fuck-off bill / probable administration / 783 point deduction for next season(if you believe our shite-caked neighbours in the east) / whatever... what do you think would happen if Whyte effectively called the bluff of the SFA/SPL & told them to go royally fuck themselves, dismissing ANY points deduction, fine or other punishment, whatsoever? Would Whyte get away with threatening to liquidize the club, withdraw from the SPL/SFA & completely fuck up Scottish football as we know it, if they imposed any sanctions on us?

Would they stick to their guns & refuse to let us participate in the SPL, knowing that would effectively sound a death-knell for the league as it stands - after all, it's the old firm matches that sell broadcasting rights, league sponsorship deals etc. etc. & without us, i'm pretty sure they'd have a few disgruntled sponsors to fend off & ultimately a few cheques to hand back - or would they rewrite the rule-book & go for a lie down in a darkened room until the dust settled?

Just a random thought...

J :pipe:

Hey all, just a random thought regarding the possible aftermath of the tax case (yep, the one everyone including me is fed up of hearing about, sorry!) - IF the worst were to happen & we lost, resulting in a big fuck-off bill / probable administration / 783 point deduction for next season(if you believe our shite-caked neighbours in the east) / whatever... what do you think would happen if Whyte effectively called the bluff of the SFA/SPL & told them to go royally fuck themselves, dismissing ANY points deduction, fine or other punishment, whatsoever? Would Whyte get away with threatening to liquidize the club, withdraw from the SPL/SFA & completely fuck up Scottish football as we know it, if they imposed any sanctions on us?

Would they stick to their guns & refuse to let us participate in the SPL, knowing that would effectively sound a death-knell for the league as it stands - after all, it's the old firm matches that sell broadcasting rights, league sponsorship deals etc. etc. & without us, i'm pretty sure they'd have a few disgruntled sponsors to fend off & ultimately a few cheques to hand back - or would they rewrite the rule-book & go for a lie down in a darkened room until the dust settled?

Just a random thought...

J :pipe:

Scenario I have wondered about as well. The Scottish League have imposed points deductions to Dundee and relegation to the 3rd division for Livingston in the past. The Spl ignored the way Motherwell went about their business and no penalties were given but I am sure we will be told that was a different situation.As you said Scottish Football could implode IF the worst case scenario came to pass and the spl tried to play hardball.

welcome to the site.

Cheers - is that a genuine "welcome to the site" or "i smell a tim"? :lol: Don't post much, however this place is great for info that doesn't make the gutter press for one reason or another.

Ignoring the fact the above scenario is unlikely to materialize, how do the sfa know Whyte isn't planning on folding & starting again in the lower leagues down south to maximize the return in his investment in the long term? If the worst happened & I was in his position, I'd do anything else I could think of to avoid a points deduction or other sanctions - he who pays the piper calls the tune & all that shit, without us Scottish football goes on its arse.

All theoretical of course - hopefully we'll come out of this Scot free & sit back & watch the timplosion

J