JJB

Raghead

Finishes in 2016.

We get/got:

- £18m up front

- £3m a year

- saved about £1m a year in interest because the £18m reduced our debt

- cost us (from memory) about £3.5m to shut the shops etc (this there was maybe about another £1m the next year also)

So over the 10 years:

£18m + £30m + £10m - £3.5m - £1m = £53.5m, or £5.35m a year for sitting back and doing nothing.

I was trying to think how we could increase our income but that's sum way off and I think if we where to break the deal it would cost us, not an option.

Were getting a minimum of £3M a season, so there's no need to end the deal, we would get nowhere near that in profit, were we to set all our old shops up again.

Finishes in 2016.

We get/got:

- £18m up front

- £3m a year

- saved about £1m a year in interest because the £18m reduced our debt

- cost us (from memory) about £3.5m to shut the shops etc (this there was maybe about another £1m the next year also)

So over the 10 years:

£18m + £30m + £10m - £3.5m - £1m = £53.5m, or £5.35m a year for sitting back and doing nothing.

Im sure we also got a bonus in some of the previous years for breaking our shirt sales targets aswell (tu)

If my maths are correct , say 100000 strips are sold every yr

I'm sure there would be

At £40 a pop

That's £4m a yr only on that strip , outwith an away top/shorts/socks and other merchandise

Obviously to make the strips and renting of retail facilities and wages would bring it down

But we would surely , surely be making more than £3m a yr on merchandise

Especially if we ditched umbro and went with adidas or Nike

Think of the sales in america in all the Nike shops etc

I'm sure there would be

At £40 a pop

That's £4m a yr only on that strip , outwith an away top/shorts/socks and other merchandise

Obviously to make the strips and renting of retail facilities and wages would bring it down

Im sure the figures pre JJB deal substantially disprove this theory, iv seen them posted on here in the past but dont have them to hand. TheWeisssMan may be able to help?

Only difficulty with hoping for an upsurge in North American sales should we switch from JJB is the degree to which North American fans are ALREADY ordering from the club shop online. Not sure of the situation in the USA, but here in Canada, my Rangers-supporting friends and I simply order from the online club shop. If there was not a substantial upsurge in sales, it would not be more profitable. Probably best to do a North American tour first to test the waters.

I'm sure there would be

At £40 a pop

We were making profits of £2m and less on merchandising prior to the deal being done. As the Boss has pointed out, the deal means £5m per year, bottom line, no risk. (tu)

Only difficulty with hoping for an upsurge in North American sales should we switch from JJB is the degree to which North American fans are ALREADY ordering from the club shop online. Not sure of the situation in the USA, but here in Canada, my Rangers-supporting friends and I simply order from the online club shop. If there was not a substantial upsurge in sales, it would not be more profitable. Probably best to do a North American tour first to test the waters.

or sign Jorge Claros :lol:

Im sure we also got a bonus in some of the previous years for breaking our shirt sales targets aswell (tu)

So far as we are aware, the bonus points have never been achieved and indeed appear to be unachievable.

Surely we could earn £10 m a season from merchandise ? Think Ali Russell is in the know and breaking the American market? Just an opinion

£10m a season? Show me the numbers on which you base that opinion. doh

(P.S. You're millions out. The consensus amongst the beancounters is that this is a great deal financially, albeit a dreadful deal from a customer service POV.)

£10m a season? Show me the numbers on which you base that opinion. doh

(P.S. You're millions out. The consensus amongst the beancounters is that this is a great deal financially, albeit a dreadful deal from a customer service POV.)

I don't have any numbers I was debating with 1 of them and he informed me that they earn between 14-16m a year and we earn 3. I knew about the jjb deal but surely they don't earn that the gulf between us.

I don't have any numbers I was debating with 1 of them and he informed me that they earn between 14-16m a year and we earn 3. I knew about the jjb deal but surely they don't earn that the gulf between us.

They're deluded. Their SALES in 2011 were £14,330,000 (2010: £15,496,000). They'll be lucky to be making much (any?) profit on that. The last year our details were available (2004?) we had SALES of about £20m and PROFIT on that of about £5m IIRC. That was retailing at its height - the numbers were significantly down in the next two years. It costs millions to run shops, buy stock, pay staff etc.

They're deluded. Their SALES in 2011 were £14,330,000 (2010: £15,496,000). They'll be lucky to be making much (any?) profit on that. The last year our details were available (2004?) we had SALES of about £20m and PROFIT on that of about £5m IIRC. That was retailing at its height - the numbers were significantly down in the next two years. It costs millions to run shops, buy stock, pay staff etc.

Cheers for that il make sure I rip into the cunt next time I c him