Arry Redknapp

rupert thebear

The quote yesterday by the HMRC guy outside court seemed to be "we know we lost but we are letting others know we will keep trying". A stupid quote by an organsation who seem to be chasing everybody they can to get money because the government need to scrape every barrel after the banks fucked up bigtime.Rangers will win the case,of that i am mega confident as i think we are just another "hopeful" HMRC money chase. Also heard that £8 million has been spent chasing people through court and there has been not 1 conviction. :crabflute:

Totally different case, but it does prove that HMRC take on cases they don't win.

They had seemingly overwhelming evidence and still lost.

It will worry the tattyhowkers that HMRC got beat. They are quick to crow when HMRC take action, so this must be devastating for Torbetts team.

If HMRC was a private company they wouldn't be so cavalier with 90% of the cases they are pursuing but because it's public money that's being spunked away then they will carry on chasing any lost cause till they get a result, or until the amount of money their continued failures are costing the tax payer gets picked up by the media. Lets hope and prey that we're not the first notch on their bedpost !

HMRC are makign clowns fo themselves.

how unreasonable was it to go after Redknapp. His legal team claim he has paid of 8m in his career in tax (which i fully believe).

Also seen a shot of his london mansion, i imagine the council tax on that is a fair penny too.

yet they raid his house at 5 am and 5 years later take im to court over unpaid tax on a 180k bank transfer?

Thye more or less admitted in their losing speach "let this be a warning to anyone who has money paid in off shore accounts, talk to us before we talk to you".

Nothing more than a scare mongering publicity excersize which probably cost the tax payer 10x as much as the sum they claim Harry dodged.

I hope we beat this case and we give them the 2 finger salute.

The quote yesterday by the HMRC guy outside court seemed to be "we know we lost but we are letting others know we will keep trying". A stupid quote by an organsation who seem to be chasing everybody they can to get money because the government need to scrape every barrel after the banks fucked up bigtime.Rangers will win the case,of that i am mega confident as i think we are just another "hopeful" HMRC money chase. Also heard that £8 million has been spent chasing people through court and there has been not 1 conviction. :crabflute:

should be chasing these uk bookies taking the piss oppossed to us. and would make them more money ?

With old Arry being set free and the judgement of HMRC officials being questioned, combined with the fact HMRC have lost their two previous EBT cases.

Is anyone else more confident today regarding the big tax case final result?

Good thread mate all we have is hope and each other watp. i would love it and could you picture the headlines in the daily rebel or the british broadcasting for catholics. those fuckers would be stuck for words. on the gers