Financial assistance

markybear

I can't copy and paste the document, (on iphone) if anyone else can the feel free to do so.

Having read through it, imo this is what whye has done and its very much illegal according to link.

http://www.ibblaw.co.uk/downloads/brochures/2010-05-27-15-06-39-financial_assistance.pdf

Can we start building his gallows yet ?

Ps link now works in OP

According to the real financial people on newsnight, not the woeful sports hacks I add, they were finding it difficult to see that Whyte had done anything unlawful, morally maybe unlawful doubtful. huh.gif

On the face of it he has acted as I would have expected, there a certain type of animal these guys.

It's possible, but is it relevant that he only paid £1 for the shares? I don't know. The link you provided talks about "acquire the company’s shares" which he did for only £1. As I said elsewhere, the solicitors on all sides will be rubbing their hands with glee... :disappointment:

It's possible, but is it relevant that he only paid £1 for the shares? I don't know. The link you provided talks about "acquire the company’s shares" which he did for only £1. As I said elsewhere, the solicitors on all sides will be rubbing their hands with glee... :disappointment:

Is it Not £18,000,001?

Is it Not £18,000,001?

Prima facie it's £1 for the shares and an £18m loan. Do both get taken into the financial assistance rules? I don't know. Until that question is answered, I don't think we can know whether he has broken those rules.

Prima facie it's £1 for the shares and an £18m loan. Do both get taken into the financial assistance rules? I don't know. Until that question is answered, I don't think we can know whether he has broken those rules.

Fair doo's boss. Only time will tell if this is what hes done

I can't see that Craig Whyte has done anything illegal in this context.

He received no financial assistance from Rangers to purchase the club ... it would be a sorry situation if he needed to borrow a quid from the club to buy it. He appears to have merely reached an agreement with a third party in advance of the purchase that was dependent on the purchase going through.

Whyte, it appears to me, has been monumentally stupid. No one seems to know where any money he might have has come from. I haven't seen any evidence of a business success story attributed to him. He talks of having experience of turning around distressed businesses and yet cannot seem to give a single example. Still, before this, who really cared? Now the spotlight is on him and he cannot escape it.