Ibrox keys ready to be handed over... but taxman could scupper Rangers solution

Ace

liquidation will be a disaster. 3 years no European football at least mor if we are relegated to the 3rd division.

probable poi.ts deduction if we aren't relegated.

loss of all our players certainly the ones we care about.

sure we keep our history part of which will be liquidation. :anguish:

Agreed, newco is a no go. We must keep SC004276!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-pack works like this:

1. Directors set up a new company.

2. Old company goes into liquidation, and immediately announces a sale of assets to a new company. This usually happens just before close of business on Friday.

3. On Saturday morning / Monday morning as appropriate, the new company starts trading

Very good - so if a company has already been liquidated, who exactly sells the assets to the newco?

Maybe that would be THE ADMINISTRATORS?

We have 2 liquidation outcomes, 1 is ok, 1 is very bad.

The o.k. one would be to agreed a CVA to sell the club into newco as a going concern, we have strong evidence from other clubs (Leeds etc) that nothing will change in terms of our history/ titles etc.

The very bad liquidation would be a failed CVA and the club has to be broken up and sold off. Then it's going to be hard to maintain we are the same club as before.

As I've said though, I don't believe the second outcome will come to pass unless HMRC want to make an example of us, as they'll end up with less pence in the pound that agreeing a CVA.

I still very much want the successful bidder to keep the current corporate shell that was formed in 1899, if for no other reason than to stop the continual bleating about losing our history from the other side.

Even in the event of a failed CVA it would still be possible for a newco to buy the club as a going concern, including the Goodwill etc. In that event Rangers would not cease to exist in the manner of Airdre. Still not a good outcome, of course, with the three year European ban, needing to reapply to the SPL, possible long term penalties.

GS says the record is saying we'll know who the bidder is by Thursday...

What does the period of "exclusivity" mean then. I thought it meant nobody was to know who the winning bid was before everything was tied up with the takeover.

Will we be given a "favourite bid" to chew over or will it be smoke and mirrors from the media, as it has been from the start?

GS says the record is saying we'll know who the bidder is by Thursday...

What does the period of "exclusivity" mean then. I thought it meant nobody was to know who the winning bid was before everything was tied up with the takeover.

Will we be given a "favourite bid" to chew over or will it be smoke and mirrors from the media, as it has been from the start?

its two weeks to get the deal done with no other bids.

That is a good point, all the evidence was heard ages ago so what's the hold up?

Can you have an abuse of process in tax cases?

This is a high stakes poker game for HMRC. If they lose they will get nothingng from any of the other clubs they are eyeing on.

I have a genuine feeling that have the goods on Rangers or a CVA has been discussed behind the scenes of 20 p

Exclusivity just means that bidder gets to go over the books and records with a fine tooth comb, look at contracts, talk to management etc. I.e. get access to everything needed in order to put a final proposal together to buy and a CVA together.

This is a high stakes poker game for HMRC. If they lose they will get nothingng from any of the other clubs they are eyeing on.

I have a genuine feeling that have the goods on Rangers or a CVA has been discussed behind the scenes of 20 p

All tax cases are on a case by case basis, it was the alleged misuse of them that has got us in trouble. Why should other clubs care unless they misused them in a similar manner?

So HMRC are owed 45 million taxes and fines and Rangers take it to appeal. In the mean time we stop paying all other taxes for the hell of it and add another 9 million for good measure. HMRC then accept a CVA for £10 million and rangers continues on debt free.

That's sending out the right message for clubs to pay their taxes. If as suggested elsewere we are being made an example of, why not take the £50 mill hit (after all in reality it has now effectively been reduced to £10 mill with a CVA) And refuse to play ball and scare the EPL clubs into paying up the really big bucks. Otherwise what is to stop other clubs following our route out of tax debt?