Rangers fans hit out at SFA ruling

Rangers fans hit out at SFA ruling after Ibrox club are slapped with transfer ban

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 11:15, 24 April 2012 | UPDATED: 11:15, 24 April 2012

Comments (1)

The Rangers Supporters Trust have accused the Scottish Football Association judicial panel of trying to cripple their club as they consider a series of protests and boycotts.

Rangers have been hit with a £160,000 fine and 12-month embargo on signing players aged over 17 after being found guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

Fans' groups will now consider protests including a boycott of the SFA's sponsors and the national team.

Defiant: Rangers fans have hit out at the SFA's transfer ban on the club

The club's administrators, who have vowed to appeal, have warned the sanctions could seriously undermine attempts to rebuild with the two interested parties still to submit finalised bids.

A statement from the trust read: 'This is a shameful decision that has been taken with the sole purpose of crippling Rangers Football Club.

'It is completely unacceptable and fans groups will be meeting to explore how we jointly express our opposition to this decision in the strongest possible terms.

'This could include protesting at Hampden on on the day of the Scottish Cup Final as well as boycotting SFA sponsors William Hill, Carling and Vauxhall.

'All options are on the table and no Rangers player or supporter can credibly play in or support the national side until this ridiculous decision is reversed.'

The trust hit out at the timing of the SFA action.

In the dock: Craig Whyte has been banned from involvement in Scottish football

The governing body wrote to Rangers on December 1 asking for clarification over Whyte's declaration 24 hours earlier that he had previously been disqualified as a director, a fact which emerged almost six weeks previously in a BBC documentary.

The SFA announced they were launching a full independent inquiry on February 17, three days after the club went into administration.

The findings of the inquiry led to several charges against the club and Whyte, who has been banned for life from Scottish football and fined £200,000.

The trust statement read: 'Despite calls to delay this action the SFA persisted with this case while the club was not in a position to adequately defend itself and had the SFA done its job in the first place on Craig Whyte then this entire saga could have been avoided.

'Rangers supporters are appalled by this decision which brings shame on the SFA and the national game.'

The Rangers Supporters Assembly made a similar point.

A statement read: 'Just when the club needs the SFA to help it... they kick us when we are down.

'Why did the SFA not investigate when they said they had suspicions before Christmas rather than wait until the club went into administration?

'Rangers supporters are appalled by this decision which brings shame on the SFA and the national game.'

Says it all for me!!!!!!

Scum

Every country bar ours would be helping a club in the position we find ourselves

But no , they are chopping off our hands and legs

I'm disgusted, angry and physically shaking with rage

I'm more angry that some fans won't waken up and fight our corner

A boycott of all away games is a must

Any supporter who attends an away game next yr is no rangers supporter in my eyes

You can go fuck yourself

Light slap on the hand of the wank that caused all this drama(whyte) and fuck the Gers. Realy? Transfer ban now? If this isn't to make sure we can't win next season I don't know what is. Hope all of these c*nts enjoy this cuz it wont last for long soon we will rise up and crush these disgraced men. WATP!

(tu)

Scum

Every country bar ours would be helping a club in the position we find ourselves

Any supporter who attends an away game next yr is no rangers supporter in my eyes

You can go fuck yourself

Agree 100%. (tu)

Scum

You can go fuck yourself

It's very true isn't it ... elsewhere a club in trouble would be thrown a lifebelt but in bitter wee Scotland they are pushing us down for third time :angry:

I thought the SFA were bad enough, but now we've been hit with a fine and transfer ban. Nice to know we have full support from our own countries football association. With the crowds, money, and all be it poor TV deals we bring in, we are vital for Scottish football to continue as without us there is no longer any league competition or any great appeal for TV deals. England aren't keen on any of the OF setting up down there, but I would love to see this happen and watch the rest of the SPL die for the lack of support we have been given. Fuck the lot of them, ingrates! (tu)

SFA know our big earners might go for a pittance yet they deny us the means of buying in players on lower wages.

This is like the Treaty of Versailles when Germany was made to pay war reparations yet the means of paying (Industry in the Ruhr) was taken from them

The Treaty of Versailles led to war

maybe it'll take that

READY