SFA breaking the law?

stevemac

Ok all, first real post on here, but I was just talking to my dad, who is more clued up on the law than I am.

Basically, the SFA imposing the ban on Craig Whyte is illegal. it is called restrictive trading. And by imposing a transfer ban based on him "bringing the club into disrepute" that is also irrelevant. If they felt that he was unfit to buy us, they should have stopped the deal.

They do not have the right to impose the transfer ban, because it was not in the contract agreed between the SFA and Rangers (the rules basically) and even I know that changes to contracts have to be mutually agreed. Therefore they cannot ban us for the transfers, and they cannot ban Craig whyte for running a spl club. at the end of the day, as much as you hate him, its his money (well its a loan but you know where im going with this) so he can do as he pleases with it. putting a business into admin is completely legal so.

I think this needs to be taken further.

food for thought.

also, on a side note, I made a complaint to the sfa about the tims setting a fire off in the rangers stand in that youth cup final the other week. Think I heard back? nope, i did not. nothing.

Stevemac

Lets be clear. The SFA had and has no right to stop someone buying a club, the fit and proper test is a sham, there is no test. It was is a self made declaration.

Which just points out how meaningless and pointless the SFA really are.

I fully expect the transfer embargo to be overturned, even O'Regan admitted he was surprised at the decision of the panel.

Farcical.

Lets be clear. The SFA had and has no right to stop someone buying a club, the fit and proper test is a sham, there is no test. It was is a self made declaration.

Which just points out how meaningless and pointless the SFA really are.

I fully expect the transfer embargo to be overturned, even O'Regan admitted he was surprised at the decision of the panel.

Farcical.

agreed. I think what my dad is getting at is correct. He is saying that what the SFA are doing enables CW the right to sue the SFA, take them to the EU court, and if he wins, they will lose all credibility, therefore meaning they wont have much choice but to disband.

the whole thing is a fucking shambles.

what would happen if the current enquiry the police are making into the buy-over results in fraud charges braught to Craig Whyte, and also D&P successful get a court to render the take-over as null and void. Where does that leave the SFA and their shambolic sanctions?

theres no doubt in my mind that the take over of Whyte was a fraud and scam. He baught the club by mortagaging our own assests, which i also understand to be illegal. It was also revealed in court that appanrelty some of the proof of funds documents contained forged signatures.

The takeover should be deemed null & void and Whyte should face criminal prosection for fraud.