kennedy and murray live press conference stv.tv/news

To be honest i feel pretty worried after hearing what they have to say.

Also interesting to hear that supposed "confidential" information is being passed to the media.

TBH i dont think TBK and BK are trying to do whats best for Rangers.

Claimed they had "the best lawyer in Britain for football admin cases" and his timetable said it starts tomorrow AM or it can't be done before next season. Also said that there was no pre-agreement with HMRC, as reported elsewhere they don't do that. Ticketus had told BK they would accept CVA on his terms, BK stated that they believe HMRC would have too as they'd have got more £ than from liquidation.

I was waiting for this conference for about 5 hours and had to take a very important phone call at 3:50pm :(

Please tell me there's a replay somewhere or can someone upload it?............

Fuxake!

no sure should be headline on ssn but will just be edited

the best bid isnt always in the best intrests duff n shit have dragged this on that long there will b nothing to bid for!

Unfortunately the best bid for Rangers may not be the best bid for the creditors and it is the creditors D&P have to look after - its unpalatable to many but its a fcat of life.

Unfortunately the best bid for Rangers may not be the best bid for the creditors and it is the creditors D&P have to look after - its unpalatable to many but its a fcat of life.

not a massive fan of TBK and BK cause they have been doing a lot of talkin thats about it but the only ones who have come out and said there intention of the cva road rather than liquadation in fact the ONLY ones that have said anything in months surely cva is better than liquadation? 3 yrs out of europe if we stay in spl but in my opinion the spl can go n get fukd

I have just watched the STV Player video of the news conference and I must say I am utterly depressed. Below is my 'take' on the press conference.

Firstly can I say that I did NOT get the feeling that either Paul Murray or Brian Kennedy were in 'sour grapes' mode. I thought that both sopke clearly, concisely,thoughtfully and with great feeling about their collective desire to save Rangers.

The core theme across the whole news conference was their objective not necessarily to OWN Rangers but to SAVE Rangers. That message came across loud and clear and both were quite sincere in my opinion.

Paul Murray emphasised several times that he is prepared to stand down immedaitely if he is an impediment - in any way - to a deal to save Rangers. He reiterated that his only desire is to see the club he loves saved at all costs.

Both discussed the position of other bidders and, in particular, Brian Kennedy disclosed details of his discussions with Bill Miller some three (3) weeks before Miller was named as preferred bidder and eventually withdrew his bid. He told reporters that he advised Bill Miller (and his advisors) that a newco was unworkable, and the financing involved would be prohibitive. He offered Miller the opportunity to join with him and the Blue Knights to deliver a practical, workable CVA, but Miller declined. Kennendy stated that he was not at all surprised that Bill Miller withdrew.

Both Murray and Kennedy were 'at pains' to point out that they are prepared to work with any CREDIBLE bidder to save Rangers.

Both emphasised the time line they referred to in earlier statements, and advised that their legal advisors - the best in the business - had set out the timescale, and had essentially said that if a CVA is to be delivered work MUST start tomorrow morning - any later and a CVA is simply NOT deliverable. I personally don't believe that a CVA is a runner any longer.

Both described the situation now as a CRISIS, and both expressed their concern about the newco route being offered by the current bidders as fraught with all sorts of problems, not least of which isd the need for very substantial financial investment.

Whilst both were quick to point out that they had no detailed knowledge of the current bidders or the details of of their respective bids, it is clear that both are skeptical and concerned that time has almost run out.

I have no axe to grind with the Blue Knights or either of the two gentlemen above, and I have to say that they came across as sincere, extremely worried and totally frustrated.

I got the distinct feeling that they are both at 'crossed fingers' that one or other of the bids now on the table will do the job - if not, I get the feeling that they think the club will be in loiquidation shortly, albeit that it may emerge as a total newco (whatever that may mean!) at some point therefater.

absolutely spot on, why people have a beef with D&P when they are here to put creditors first and club second is beyond me

and if these supposed blue knights have the clubs best interests at heart, where the fuck were they when SDM had us up for sale for 3 years and where were they when Whyte was the only bidder last year

not a massive fan of TBK and BK cause they have been doing a lot of talkin thats about it but the only ones who have come out and said there intention of the cva road rather than liquadation in fact the ONLY ones that have said anything in months surely cva is better than liquadation? 3 yrs out of europe if we stay in spl but in my opinion the spl can go n get fukd

Well a lot of chat - but its action we need.

D&P can only work with the tools they have and TBK not deleivering the correct tools - yet!

Well a lot of chat - but its action we need.

D&P can only work with the tools they have and TBK not deleivering the correct tools - yet!

d&p may have no tools left serious words from BK to jim white i quote charles green will have blood on there hands if it falls through