Portsmouth 2 Rangers 0 - pre season friendly

RFC55

With the game against Southampton coming up it brought back memories of the time we went down to face Pompey.

Any other RMers go down? I went down on the Glassy bus at midnight the night before the game so i was a tad swallied by the time we arrived but it was an amazing day and the atmosphere was electric for a pre season friendly.

There was a fat Pompey fan trying to wind us up and he was chucked oot for noising us up. We all sang "bring back the fat guy" laugh.gif

Im sure 1st jan 1994 from here was in a wee scuffle aswell laugh.gif

Any heres the video of 10 german bombers from the game and when it gets louder thats when pompey have just scored. What a great wee weekend down there uk.gifuk.gifuk.gif

God bless the Rangers

I live in london so it was just a wee drive (she drove) amazing crowd, nearly as good as the emirates tourney!

Gonnae miss the so'ton tourney as im moving house that weekend unless the gods intervene. But i'll get smashed and watch on sky plus if its on.

An amazing weekend! Drove down with mates.

Feeling like a disgrace walking into burger king at 10am in the morning already a bit tipsy.

The game was amazing atmosphere.

BRING BACK THE FAT MAN!

Hahaha someone else who remembers him hail.gifhail.gif

Cracking day out!

Stayed with a friend of the wife's in Surrey & had a comparatively brisk trip down for the game.

Couple of beers before the game at a pub where the land lord, despite saying he leant towards the schum, looked after us very well, including letting us park there for the game.

Most polite & friendly polis I 've seen in years & cracking atmosphere provided by the Bears in the stadium - where we were parked in a stand that was a throw back to the stone age!

Overall a good day out (apart from the result)

'We want the fat man!'

Loved it. Lived in Portsmouth from 2004 until last year and really enjoyed the city and the people.

Fat man was amazing, as was singing 'play up pompey' for them because they were all so quiet.

Haha!

'Can we sing a song for you?' !!!!!