The grass isn't always greener

Stefan klos, Brian laudrup, ally mccoist, gazza, Jorg albertz, Ian durrant, davie cooper, Terry butcher, Chris woods, Jim Baxter, John greig, Derek Johnstone, Graeme souness, Andy goram the list goes on and on. All guys that when we heard they were leaving we thought who will we get to replace them. Well you know what? Every time someone left, somebody else came in and did a job. No player is bigger than Rangers so don't worry if our players are talking about leaving.

Thanks for your service but if you don't want to stay with our club then cheerio. Good luck to you. Just remember that the grass isn't always greener. Have a word with some of our former players who left to go to the EPL thinking they were going to bigger and better things. Most of them regret leaving because there really aren't many places like Ibrox when it's rocking.

We are going through tough times but we will bounce back stronger than before and be back where we belong at the top of the tree. Most of you players who leave on the other hand will be taking a backwards step. Enjoy playing wherever you go. It's a short career. When you retire though I'm sure you'll have regrets and the biggest of all will probably be leaving the Rangers family.

No surrender.

Correct. Especially Naismith. I would -NEVER- treat the club i love like this ever. I would play for this club for free and had i been in this position i'd be doing what big Lee is doing, because i'd rather be remembered a true blue than a traitor.

All these people say "but he took a 75% cut in wage" - so what? If it meant THAT much stay on and command a transfer fee, or better yet remember who you support and who you love.

I've no doubt we'll move on, but it irks me when "rangers fans" can do this.

Correct. Especially Naismith. I would -NEVER- treat the club i love like this ever. I would play for this club for free and had i been in this position i'd be doing what big Lee is doing, because i'd rather be remembered a true blue than a traitor.

All these people say "but he took a 75% cut in wage" - so what? If it meant THAT much stay on and command a transfer fee, or better yet remember who you support and who you love.

I've no doubt we'll move on, but it irks me when "rangers fans" can do this.

And also the club never cut his wages all the time he has been injured...

Indeed. Far better players than Naismith and Whittaker have come and gone and the Club carries on.

Remember that these players insisted on low transfer fees inserted into their contracts in return for the 75% wage reduction, so they were actually BETTER OFF following the deal. For instance, they might be £200k down over the three months but could leave for £2m, rather than say £5m, giving the possibility of a far more lucrative contract from any new club.

All of the players you mention were replaced.

Most of the players you mention were replaced by inferior players.

A valid point booler but let's face it If every time we lost a player we replaced them with someone better we'd be the best club side in the world ever. It's impossible to replace each and every player with someone better. When pele left clubs was he replaced by someone better? What about maradona?

As long as when we replace the players we still win as a team I'll be happy. All I want is for Rangers to prosper and win every competition we enter. I know it's not always going to happen but I want to watch a team play to win, and better still play to win for the jersey.

90 percent of guys on this forum would give their left testicle to appear for our club.