Le Tour de France.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggins lead should make for an entertaining week in the mountains, the other GC contenders have no option but to attack, because they won't be able to take time off him in the time trial.

Should hopefully be more exciting than watching Schleck and Contador stare at each other for three weeks like in the past few years.

Wiggins lead should make for an entertaining week in the mountains, the other GC contenders have no option but to attack, because they won't be able to take time off him in the time trial.

Should hopefully be more exciting than watching Schleck and Contador stare at each other for three weeks like in the past few years.

It's going to be great to watch - but so far, Wiggins and Froome have had the answer to everything that has been thrown at them. Sioutsou will be a big loss for Sky though as he is a beast in mountain stages.

It's going to be great to watch - but so far, Wiggins and Froome have had the answer to everything that has been thrown at them. Sioutsou will be a big loss for Sky though as he is a beast in mountain stages.

True, they've not troubled Wiggins and Froome so far, and tbh I can't really see where they can gain enough time on Wiggo, unless of course, he has a bad day in one of the high mountain stages or some incredibly bad luck.

Stage 9 - Result

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:51:24

2 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:35

3 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:57

4 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:01:06

5 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:01:24

6 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:01:43

7 Peter Velits (Svk) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:01:59

8 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:02:07

9 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:02:08

10 Andreas Klöden (Ger) RadioShack-Nissan 0:02:09

General Classification after Stage 9

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 39:09:20

2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:01:53

3 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:02:07

4 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:02:23

5 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:03:02

6 Haimar Zubeldia Agirre (Spa) RadioShack-Nissan 0:03:19

7 Maxime Monfort (Bel) RadioShack-Nissan 0:04:23

8 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:05:14

9 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team 0:05:20

10 Nicolas Roche (Irl) AG2R La Mondiale 0:05:29

Rest day tomorrow before The Alps!

True, they've not troubled Wiggins and Froome so far, and tbh I can't really see where they can gain enough time on Wiggo, unless of course, he has a bad day in one of the high mountain stages or some incredibly bad luck.

Still a long way to go of course, but I can only see illness or injury allowing them to take the sort of time needed.

Fingers crossed.

I'm getting my money on for Sports Personality of the Year, even/especially with the Olympics coming up. There's Gold and Silver/Bronze wrapped up for the 44km TT.

Froome will never be allowed to win it,unless brad collapses in the mountains,just look at last year's vuelta. A lot of big mountains to come,I think he will lose time over the next week.

I can see Wiggins wanting to take a mountain stage in yellow. Evans looks spent, but your man Nibali had, for him, a decent TT today.