Le Tour de France.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Froome was born in Kenya I thought?

Col de la Madeleine tomorrow!!!!! Bit of a big one

Mountain finish tomorrow as well. Can't wait.

Froome was indeed born in Kenya. (tu)

The most mountainous stage of the whole tour! Hoping for fireworks.

Voeckler !! :D:D:D Delighted for him ! I am gutted he injured himself a few days before the beginning of the Tour (even if he would not have done as good as last year imo) but he was a hero last year in France so I'm happy he won the race today. He even got the best climbers shirt ! :lol:

Wiggins is. Froome now rides for Britain.

Am I the only one who think thay Froome might be stronger than Wiggins actually ? Btw I heard Fromme might leave team Sky next season and get to another team where he'll be the leader :ph34r:

Am I the only one who think thay Froome might be stronger than Wiggins actually ? Btw I heard Fromme might leave team Sky next season and get to another team where he'll be the leader :ph34r:

Not sure how cycling works but he signed a 3 year contract before this season. Froome is a shoe in to win it in the future.

Froome knows his place in the team, so there will be no racing between them while Wiggins is still in it. As for joining another team - he will still need to take on the might of Sky and Wiggins if he has designs on taking the top podium position.

Stage 11 - High Mountains - Albertville~La Toussuire-Les Sebelles

A short stage at 148km, but with four climbs to overcome - two hors categorie, a cat. 2 and and cat. 1 to finish - it is the most mountainous stage of the whole three weeks and will have the field strung out from the start.

Once again the strategy of the race will be decided by the breakaway, or more to the point who is in it. Sky will need to defend the yellow for Wiggins but BMC(Evans), and Liquigas(Nibali) will need to keep an eye on their positions too. If either of those two have eyes on victory in Paris they will need to do a lot more attacking than they have done so far.

Possible stage winners: Cobo, Schleck, Moncoutie, Rolland, Van Den Broeck or any of the top 5.

Fabian Cancellara has abandoned the tour.

Cant believe cav hasn't abandoned either. Forgot about cobo,he could be worth a wager today

Cavendish wants to help win yellow for Wiggins/Sky and at the same time get himself into peak shape for the Olympic Road Race. He was even leading the peloton out the other day!

Cobo is sitting in 51st position, 37'40" behind Wiggins, and has not had a mention so far. Ideal for the breakaway. :sherlock: