Gretna did it

belter

Gretna fc won the sfl 3 in 2004/5 season,the sfl 2 in 2005/6 and the first division in 2006/7.I would suggest that

even in our present state of flux that we should be capable of getting players of the calibre to win the leagues .They did have someone prepared to invest monies to achieve this but i would hope with our fan base and support that we could achieve the same.

the players ain the third divison are pretty much all on less than 100 quid a week.

of course we will win the league, maybe be good for our young players and help ally develop some tactical awareness too.

Did Gretna not make the return trip even faster? Poor example methinks.

Gretna had a fanbase the square root of fuck all, ground shared with Motherwell and had a 'money' man who just flung the money at them to get to the SPL.

We'll be financially supporting ourselves, have our own stadium, pretty much full every other week, and already have a strong youth development in place.

People who think it will take us a decade to get back to the SPL are clueless.

There has to be a human intellectual class beneath 'clueless'.

I've listened to a lot of radio commentary over the last few days and heard variants on this time and again: "There is no guarantee The Rangers will come straight back up."

There's also no guarantee that water will remain wet.

Should we call this new, void of intellect the 'Jim Spence'?

Gretna fc won the sfl 3 in 2004/5 season,the sfl 2 in 2005/6 and the first division in 2006/7.I would suggest that

even in our present state of flux that we should be capable of getting players of the calibre to win the leagues .They did have someone prepared to invest monies to achieve this but i would hope with our fan base and support that we could achieve the same.

Exactly ,people need to stop Panicking over the 3rd Div.

There has to be a human intellectual class beneath 'clueless'.

I've listened to a lot of radio commentary over the last few days and heard variants on this time and again: "There is no guarantee The Rangers will come straight back up."

There's also no guarantee that water will remain wet.

Should we call this new, void of intellect the 'Jim Spence'?

Brilliant :lol:

If full attendance at Ibrox could be assured in sfl3, 2 and 1 then that would be a lot of money stuck in the kitty. Could even chuck a few bob to the diddly teams and it wouldn't make a dent?

Any maths guys here? Could this not result in mega bucks?

If full attendance at Ibrox could be assured in sfl3, 2 and 1 then that would be a lot of money stuck in the kitty. Could even chuck a few bob to the diddly teams and it wouldn't make a dent?

Any maths guys here? Could this not result in mega bucks?

It will be very much dependant on the ST price - this will be crucial. If I were Green I would set the ST price where you could cover wage costs on an average 15-20k crowd. The player costs involved in the 3rd means you could punt the ST at say £150 and have a turnover of £2 1/4 to £3m on that. Any additional STs are a bonus for the bank - and the real biggy will come with the residuals made at the catering etc - cause the price o a pie wont becoming down!

Personally I would be tempted to chuck the STs out at around £100-£120 as a think you to the fans for sticking by us - the money generation even on that is huge in comparison to the rest of the division. And if you cannot get out of the 3rd with that kind of £ backing you really need to be looking at yersel.