Is Green in a position to call Regan's bluff?

Gaz92

I for one am disgusted with the news that we will be forced to accept an illegal transfer embargo in order to gain a license. Have to say though, part of me did see this coming. I think some on here thought that after the court case, it was lifted, but the outcome was to return the decision to the panel.

But at this time, what do Scottish Football have to lose? Regan has already lost his battle to get us back to the SPL, and therefore the income has gone, and clubs will have to very quickly adapt to life without us if they are to survive. The money is lost for at least 3 years, which would mean they'll have to deal with it as if we're gone for good. I can imagine not all will be able to and hit real financial difficulty. However, it's accepted now that this is the case. So with Rangers as a Third Division team, what does Regan have to lose from not following through with his threat? The damage has been done, the income has been lost, what else is there to lose? Fair enough, the Division Three clubs will lose out on some income but it's not as if that's something they rely on.

So does Green have any ground to make leighway with Regan? I do understand the court ruling, but as I said the court ruled for it to be returned to the pane with the view of changing the punishmentl, I can't imagine any return to court ending with a different outcome.

Is this something we're going to have to take with the bitterest gritted teeth, and hope Regan at least loses his job before long? Or does anyone think Green will have an ace card up his sleeve. I really hope he does, as accepting the transfer embargo would be soul destroying.

I dont know and i feel sorry for CG he cant win here, but we will have to live with the ramifications of what happens, CG wont as once hes done his job he will leave, either handing over his role to MM or someone else in the consortium. Or by Zeus selling the club and letting someone else deal with the sociopaths that run Scottish football.

I think we can handle an embargo in the third. I don't like it but I think we could cope. But what happens if we are drawn against Celtic in the League or Scottish cup? That I think is the only bargaining tool Rangers have left. Withdraw from those events until we are in a position to strengthen the squad. Don't think to many fans would want to see an SPL club split the gate 50/50 in a Scottish cup tie anyway.

I initially thought no, but now I've had some time, is a one year embargo really going to stop us winning div3 ?

What do they gain from forcing the embargo upon us ?

There is a chance they could delay our return by yet another year, forcing even more clubs into administration.

That won't help them much.

Withdraw from the Scottish Cup and starve the SFA and our haters of much needed revenue.

Agree. Decline our invite to enter the Cup due to not being able to sign players to play in the Cup.

That's another TV deal and sponsorship doon the drain because of Rhegan.

I initially thought no, but now I've had some time, is a one year embargo really going to stop us winning div3 ?

There is a chance they could delay our return by yet another year, forcing even more clubs into administration.

They don't gain anything. They just don't like the fact that we are happy with our lot whilst others are fuming. And it's all Rhegan's doing.

He needs to be able to say he did something right.

And if we accept this, he's not finished there.

It probably is more the principle of accepting it. We would survive with the youth team peppered with some experienced players, but it's the idea of accepting something that we've proven to be wrong.