Tav's time is up.

there was a one on one with Maeda in the second half that he easily out paced him and passed back to Butland so I dont think its about pure pace, I think Tav's problem is that his head is going forward 99% of the time and then when the play changes he struggles to get back, when hes already thinking about defense then he can keep up or get it front of anyone. That said he never has been the best defender which is ultimately what he should be concentrating on.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Honestly get this thread in the bin. Take him and his goals out the team and the scum would have won the league by now.

Nah, obviously we'll need to find someone else to take the penalties.

Tav scores some amazing free kicks but he's so inconsistent with them.

His corners are also nowhere near the level they once where.

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

He's been a great servant to the club but he doesn't have the pace anymore to play.

Fortunately, Sterling is ready to take over.

And none of this changing the team around to play him right midfield or whatever. 

It's time.

Sterling should be a CM.

Offers everything.

His figures are as good as ever. If they were falling I'd understand.

That first half was an absolute embarrassment from Rangers captain.

Doesnt shirk and came out 2nd half and bag an incredible pen.

Easy saying his time is up though, he'll be very very hard to replace and we might not realise what we had until he's gone.

Just now, The Godfather said:

It is a daft thread. He's one of the main reasons we are where we are in the title race. 

He's a poor defender but this team relies on his output more than any other player.

Therein is the issue, if he doesn't score that penalty today he's had a shocker of a game, even with the penalty its still a poor game 

We can't disregard his numbers going forward but we're also hoping that teams dont capitalise on him being a very very poor defender

Its something we really really need sorted

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Therein is the issue, if he doesn't score that penalty today he's had a shocker of a game, even with the penalty its still a poor game 

We can't disregard his numbers going forward but we're also hoping that teams dont capitalise on him being a very very poor defender

Its something we really really need sorted

Nearly all of the starting 11 had shockers. Thing is Tav does bail us out time and time again, he's our best bet for a crucial goal and without him we are fucked because no one else hits his numbers.

Until that changes he stays and plays.

He had no support in the first half, I couldn't work out if it was Wright or Lundstram who weren't supporting but Sima being on changed the game so I'm fairly sure it was Wright. He had a bad first half but it wasn't just him.

Tav has always needed support defending and when our midfield works it's not a problem. They targetted Tav in the first half and we didn't react to that