The real question that needs answered right now...

Gaz92

... Did ye think Walter's 4-5-1 was the right tactics in Manchester? :sherlock:

No, 4-4-1-1 would have worked better that night.

I'm still too annoyed at the cheating french prat who did us out of the Champions League Final.

We hit the end of the road that night.

We beat better teams than us all the way through by taking advantage of the home/away set-up.

Zenit were a cracking side and it would've taken an immense performance to take home the trophy in a one-off tie.

Don't forget they were rested for a full week or 2 before the final whereas we played on the Sunday before I think, but of-course we are the establishment team and always get favours from the authorities :rolleyes:

No, but it was Walter's tactics that got us there so I'm no criticizing.

Exactamundo.

For all of Chelsea's millions they did the same as us against a better team in Barcelona last season and they jammed the final big-time.

To beat better teams more often than not you have to play ugly.

We beat better teams than us all the way through by taking advantage of the home/away set-up.

Zenit were a cracking side and it would've taken an immense performance to take home the trophy in a one-off tie.

Don't forget they were rested for a full week or 2 before the final whereas we played on the Sunday before I think, but of-course we are the establishment team and always get favours from the authorities :rolleyes:

This still angers me. There were no allowances made whatsoever which would have went a long way towards us having a greater chance of victory but there was absolutely no way they wanted Rangers to win another European trophy before the immigrants. If we were going to do it we knew we were on our own but ultimately this was not quite enough. To get to the final was still an immense achievement for us and one of which I am proud. :clap:

No, but it was Walter's tactics that got us there so I'm no criticizing.

Personally I think it was the sale of Hutton.

We were fantastic on the counter and our overlapping play was 2nd to none.

When he left I felt we went a bit flat.

He was also playing the season of his life hence why we got 9m.

1343341624' post='1060265308']

Even back then Sporting integrity was high on the agenda. Infact were those two words not spoken by the fat Fenian Japaneese whore that very week.

Personally I think it was the sale of Hutton.

We were fantastic on the counter and our overlapping play was 2nd to none.

When he left I felt we went a bit flat.

He was also playing the season of his life hence why we got 9m.

Hutton was great but he was away for the UEFA Cup run and Broadfoot imo was pretty good at RB when he came into the side.

To be honest 9m looks like a steal now when you consider he has gone on to do fuck all with his career since although I'm sure he's picking up a fortune.

Even back then Sporting integrity was high on the agenda. Infact were those very two words not spoken by the fat Fenian Japaneese whore that very week.

Aye, the tail-end of that season was the birth of "Sporting Integrity". "Sporting Integrity" = "stop Rangers winning 4 trophies at all costs"

Hutton was great but he was away for the UEFA Cup run and Broadfoot imo was pretty good at RB when he came into the side.

To be honest 9m looks like a steal now when you consider he has gone on to do fuck all with his career since although I'm sure he's picking up a fortune.

I remember being disappointed at the time when Hutton left, thought he was a great outlet. Will always remember him for his Stuttgart performance. But as you said, 9 mil was a shrewd bit of business.