A token of goodwill to the SFL

sinclair11

I think that the SFL should take our participation, TV money and fans attending games where applicable as goodwill enough, if anyone misses out, then that it their own business

Agree with this absolutely. The sfl clubs didn't do us any favours they simply saw a chance and grasped it. They had the option of no Rangers or the option of Rangers for one year or three.Seems to me the fact that they already chose to have us for three years means that they have maximised the benefits to be had from the Rangers being in the sfl. They got what they wanted, we got what we wanted, everybody's happy. No need for further goodwill gestures on anybody's part after all 'sporting integrity' dictates that any relegated team takes its medicine and the sfl clubs where just as big on 'sporting integrity' as their spl cousins.

Quite apart from the goodwill expressed in the OP, playing the relegated Club would give our players some idea of the quality of the opposition in the Division above. Granted it would be against the team with the worst record in that Division, but it could still be a useful exercise for Rangers. It should be left to the relegated Club to accept the invitation to play Rangers and let us have no 'banned list'. No matter who the relegated Club is, put our hand out to shake, then we and the world can wait to see the nature of their character.

Give it a few months in the SFL and the hatred towards us will start tae spew from them as well.

Let's give them a chance before we brand them cunts. If they act like the filth they'll get treated like it but no point in branding people as taigs unless they act like it.

all this no-one likes us we dont care stuff, we may think its true but its no entirely accurate. even the SPL teams (apart from sellik) if you speak to enough fans they might hate us but no quite as much as that lot from the east end are hated. And a lot of the hatred comes from the fact that they just dont like being the guys who are in the SPL just to make the numbers up.

Lets do this right, dont be arrogant about it, just fucking enjoy it while we can, when we get back to whatever is left aht the top then its time to show the bastards that we mean business. For now its all about football and seeing a team of youngsters turn into real professionals with the best football club the world has ever known. We should be lucky to have that status in this shitty country so lets show them all how its done.

Agree with this absolutely. The sfl clubs didn't do us any favours they simply saw a chance and grasped it. They had the option of no Rangers or the option of Rangers for one year or three.Seems to me the fact that they already chose to have us for three years means that they have maximised the benefits to be had from the Rangers being in the sfl. They got what they wanted, we got what we wanted, everybody's happy. No need for further goodwill gestures on anybody's part after all 'sporting integrity' dictates that any relegated team takes its medicine and the sfl clubs where just as big on 'sporting integrity' as their spl cousins.

Most fans wanted Div 3 and SFL granted them that wish, if we got Div 1 then it would be the SPL that was controlling our destiny, now our destiny is in our own hands and SFL clubs are a business so I expect them to make the most of this once in a lifetime chance of making money because RFC are in the SFL.

I reckon as a token of goodwill to the SFL any club that gets relagated from the division above us should get a home friendly against Rangers (assuming we win promotion). I wouldn't like to see any of the SFL clubs miss out on a game against us. It would be a great gesture. But if we pass any of the SPL clubs they can get f******.

What do you think?

it's sounds like a nice gesture mate.

However part of the reason we are in division 3 is all the teams wanted a slice of the cake.

If they did not have the brains to think the whole thing through tough luck.

As much as we are on a mission to make "friends" at the end of the day it's all about Rangers for me.

Let's give them a chance before we brand them cunts. If they act like the filth they'll get treated like it but no point in branding people as taigs unless they act like it.

Can you no fuckin read?

Where have I branded any of them "cunts" or "taigs"?