missed the bus

Being in Adelaide i often miss the bus as far as news goes about Rangers. I have only just seen the news regarding Scott Brown and am dumbfounded that a player who has consistently failed to make an impact against either of the OF is being so highly sought after. I dont think he is good enough or brings enough football to a team, yes he covers ground but not as fast as a well placed ball. Hard work is good but never beats class and we have that in Ferguson and Hemdani and once Thompson gets settled where would we play him. I for one wouldnt pay inflated prices for bog standard players, we should use what money we have to get real ball players and forget about the Cammy Fraser type players because that is all that Brown is.

Frankie he is a bog standard player, he wont turn a game with skill he is a young Gravesen thats all.

Well he turned the game against us at least 4 times that I can remember... You could say he made the class players you mention look bog-standard

He may well not be the finished article, but the potential is there and he should improve alongside better players while playing at a higher level.

Yes, buying potential is a risky business - especially at £5million - but to suggest Brown isn't a good player is simply being churlish.

at easter road he has had some good performances it must be said but against ibrox he has been poor. i think its common that now weve lost out on him we are going to say ah well we dont need him but it is true that that price is FAR too high when there are other available players with as good potential available. eg, Naismith, who i am a fan of. Im sure a lot of us would have liked to see brown come to us and had he not gone to us NOT gone to celtic but they have him, they had the money to spend and now we have to see if he can make the next step up.

Guest The Brown Brogue
Scott Brown was superb in 3 games against us last season and one earlier this season. He is not a bog-standard player.

I do agree though Celtic have paid too much.

In which case how much is Ivan Sproule worth, because his Hibs career has been pretty much the same as Browns.

Well he turned the game against us at least 4 times that I can remember... You could say he made the class players you mention look bog-standard

He may well not be the finished article, but the potential is there and he should improve alongside better players while playing at a higher level.

Yes, buying potential is a risky business - especially at £5million - but to suggest Brown isn't a good player is simply being churlish.

No as good as Ally Dawson <_<

SB is the record signing between two Scottish teams, beating the previous record of big Dunc to us fae the Arabs. I for one dont rate him THAT much. We all know players raise their game when they play the OF its when they play for them that they're shown up.

I think he will be.

In which case how much is Ivan Sproule worth, because his Hibs career has been pretty much the same as Browns.

Don't be daft. Ask any Hibs fan to compare those two's contribution and they will laugh.

at easter road he has had some good performances it must be said but against ibrox he has been poor.

Apart from the two 0-3 defeats he was instrumental in inflicting upon us at Ibrox last year you mean?

Being in Adelaide i often miss the bus as far as news goes about Rangers. I have only just seen the news regarding Scott Brown and am dumbfounded that a player who has consistently failed to make an impact against either of the OF is being so highly sought after. I dont think he is good enough or brings enough football to a team, yes he covers ground but not as fast as a well placed ball. Hard work is good but never beats class and we have that in Ferguson and Hemdani and once Thompson gets settled where would we play him. I for one wouldnt pay inflated prices for bog standard players, we should use what money we have to get real ball players and forget about the Cammy Fraser type players because that is all that Brown is.

A lot a straw clutching going on in this forum. Brown is a good player who would have given us something Ferguson/Hemdami /Thomson couldn't.

I dont think SB turning over one of the poorest Rangers teams i have seen proved his class, he does offer something different from the current midfield that we have and i have said that. As for being churlish Frankie, you dont know me and if you did its one of the last things you would say about me. If we lose out on a player that is genuine quality and can bring something to Rangers then like the rest i will lament that loss. Tying up £12.5 mil, if the ET is accurate, in this climate on a young athlete who as i have said does not have the skill to turn a game is not what any sane business man would do.

We have a budget and it would be better spent elsewhere.

harry_

It's no just Rangers he's done well against. he's been their best player for over 2 years now and has also done well in his initial appearances for Scotland. He should go onto become a very good player.

I have agreed that spending £12million on this is risky and I agree I'm glad Rangers haven't done so. But that doesn't mean he's not good enough. He is.

How many goals has he scored for hibs this year.

Not a great deal. But then again, he's not a striker.

Charlie Adam has scored 3 times as many goals from a similar wide and deep position but isn't as good a player as Brown. Same goes for Nacho Novo, Alan Gow and many other players you care to mention.

Frankie i am not trying to justify my argument but every player has skills that set them apart from others, i am trying to build a profile of what he brings against what we have and who drops out. What price would he be if he could do what Adam does and score goals, i think then he would be worth a shout but again not at the over inflated price he has on his head. If Boyd isnt scoring we need midfielders who do we also need a striker to play with him and intelligent players who can get the ball forward quickly by passing it early, a skill in itself.