g4 stewards

findo

Probably a bad time to mention I worked for them :craphead:

Was a steward for 2 years in the main rear. Mostly aroudn the directors box and the copland side.

Only reason I done it was I could only work at weekends due to uni and it was the only way I was going to get to go to games and still have an "income"

Tbh I wasnt giving a fuck about what I saw/heard unless I thought my supervisor might pick up on it (not that I saw much due to watching the games) Joined in the singing and celebrating etc always made it aware to the fans I was a fan also.

You'll find a lot were in the same boat, the only people that weren't were my supervisor (tim) and a few wee idiots where they weren't getting any other job. They had no authority and one got abused rotten (one was always on the broomy side of the main rear, mrt) and was almost always greeting at the after match breif :lol: Also used to get the leftover burgers hot dogs etc at the end but they stopped it cos this wee bastard was going up asking for free shit during the game :mad: No idea how appetising a lukewarm hotdog is at the end of a 4.5 hour standing shift in the winter..

The camera thing is because of video rights etc. Must have been a shitty steward/supervisor though because normally they'll only pull you up if its professional looking.

One thing that annoyed me was wee kids getting stopped for small bottle of irn bru "incase the parents were using it to smuggle in booze" :rolleyes:

Job is pish though, apart from getting to see the games.

Had a 9 hour standing shift infront of the main speaker/stage at bellahouston park for snow patrol a couple of year ago, went home deaf and people kept asking me for fucking requests. "Please it's our wedding next week" "erm yea ok wait, I'll go ask them.."

When dumpdee utd won the scottish cup I was in the utd end, worst cunts.

Then there was the take that concerts, oh god. The amount of fat middle aged riots screaming in your face and cunting it down the stairs :anguish:

Patched it after that. Too much hassle for too shite a job and no work in the summer.

Yea so basically standing up for myself since I'm not a cunt, but the company is.

Sounds like this one was right 'jobsworth'...who obviously doesnt know how to speak to people....

but the annoying thing is that this is a condition of entry

11.No person (other than the holder of a valid licence granted by Rangers or by a football authority with Rangers' consent) may bring into, or use within, the Stadium any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a match or the Stadium, other than mobile phones or like devices for personal, non-commercial use

just makes it harder to tell the wee prick to f**k off

Surely this makes it easier to tell them to beat it. If its just a wee shitey camcorder used by a child, it must come under "other than moblie phones or like devices for personal, non-commercial use"?

Was going to a game with my mum a few years ago, the stewards searched her bag. She had a wee bottle of perfume which she had just opened (£40). They told her she wasn't aloud in with it! Couldn't just turn a blind eye, what harm is a bottle of perfume going to do? Ended up having to bin it, wee cunts.

Does Ibrox really need stewards? Very rarely any trouble and still plenty of coppers to sort it out. I'd like to see Rangers employ people to take over from stewards and have around a quarter of the amount.

I think they do by law? But perhaps it's time to dump this cowboy company and as many have said, get in people who actually perhaps have an affiliation with the club. Not sure how easy that would be mind you.