ps3 help

pennyarcade

Right people my ps3 keeps cutting out when im playin it can have it on for like 5 mins (if that that then th light just flashes red and cuts off. Any ideas or tips? cheers.

I had the same problem about 6 months ago, its most likely that the Blu-ray laser has burnt out, thats what mine was. You can get a replacement for between 30-50 quid and replace it yourself, I'm not particularly technical and I found it easy (using one of many tutorial vids on youtube). Been working perfectly since

Does it flash yellow when it goes off? If so its fooked.

Failing that it sounds like your graphics. Phone PlayStation and they'll give you some advice on the best way to fix it, worst case they'll get you a new system for £120.

Good luck.

Thing is iv had like 4 refurbs from them already only had to pay once, but every one has had he YLOD and I ain't paying £110 for it to last about a year again.

If its overheating, you can test the fan. Hold both the on/off sensor and the eject disc sensor at the same time. It will blow a lot of built up dust out too.

Like someone else mentioned I also have a can of compressed air. I got it from napkins, but you can also get some in a tesco with an electronics section. I use it to clear dust out of my ps3, laptop and phone.

Thing is iv had like 4 refurbs from them already only had to pay once, but every one has had he YLOD and I ain't paying £110 for it to last about a year again.

I'm one of the few people with Continuious Play, so I'm onto my 4th system.

Last one had a graphic issue which sounds similar to what you've described, so I would give them a call to see if they can help - fixed mine for 6 months then I got YLOD.

If its overheating, you can test the fan. Hold both the on/off sensor and the eject disc sensor at the same time. It will blow a lot of built up dust out too.

Like someone else mentioned I also have a can of compressed air. I got it from napkins, but you can also get some in a tesco with an electronics section. I use it to clear dust out of my ps3, laptop and phone.

Ha, I just noticed this said napkins! Should be Maplins!