During the last transfer window

RFC55

Should we have signed 3 or 4 guys who know these leagues? I'm not making excuses as our players should be good enough considering they train full time and are earning shed loads! But as has been shown by teams like ourselfs dropping down the leagues in Europe its not easy just to steamroller teams out the way!

At Ibrox the games will take care of themselfs but its away from home we seem to lack knowledge of how to approach the game! A few guys from the 1st to the 3rd div could have really helped, Mcallister at Peterhead a proven lower league striker, players like Gavin Swankie etc who would have been murder to watch but could have helped with games like today!

There are players who make a career by going up and down the leagues, I know we need a better quality of signing but we're lost in away games!

I agree about McAllister. He would have been a good signing. However, he rejected SPL clubs to join Peterhead so he could finish his apprenticeship. I'm sure we would have got him though.

Surely we could have players on part time contracts aswell?

I just feel we need experience of how to approach playing these teams away! Never ever thought I would start a thread like this :lol:

Surely we could have players on part time contracts aswell?

I just feel we need experience of how to approach playing these teams away! Never ever thought I would start a thread like this :lol:

Aye, I suppose but it was to do with staying close to Aberdeen as well I think. Such an odd situation.

Haha, turn this into a sash bash thread instead!

Should we have signed 3 or 4 guys who know these leagues? I'm not making excuses as our players should be good enough considering they train full time and are earning shed loads! But as has been shown by teams like ourselfs dropping down the leagues in Europe its not easy just to steamroller teams out the way!

At Ibrox the games will take care of themselfs but its away from home we seem to lack knowledge of how to approach the game! A few guys from the 1st to the 3rd div could have really helped, Mcallister at Peterhead a proven lower league striker, players like Gavin Swankie etc who would have been murder to watch but could have helped with games like today!

There are players who make a career by going up and down the leagues, I know we need a better quality of signing but we're lost in away games!

Maybe we should have went down that route and brought in guys with a hunger to make that step up to play with us or guys who have something to prove. Alot of people are angry and blaming coisty's, tactics etc but it all comes down to attitude.

We chose to sign predominately SPL standard players to play in the 3rd division and all day everyday they should be able to beat these teams but there could be an argument that they dont have that same level of motivation, especially away from Ibrox. I certainly think today showed that we could really have done with a few more bodies regardless of their knowledge of these divisions...3 injuries and we really looked bare in certain areas.

Maybe we should have went down that route and brought in guys with a hunger to make that step up to play with us or guys who have something to prove. Alot of people are angry and blaming coisty's, tactics etc but it all comes down to attitude.

We chose to sign predominately SPL standard players to play in the 3rd division and all day everyday they should be able to beat these teams but there could be an argument that they dont have that same level of motivation, especially away from Ibrox. I certainly think today showed that we could really have done with a few more bodies regardless of their knowledge of these divisions...3 injuries and we really looked bare in certain areas.

When Gretna and Livi worked up the leagues they had some SPL players of varied ability mixed in with good lower league players and they both cruised it!

I like you am concerned about the players attitudes away from home and they along with Coisty must shoulder the blame for that! They should be motivated, they have a huge following everywhere they go and we don't deserve performances like today! I wasn't expecting us to win every game but performances like today are very disapointing!

Although had we bought in players for this level we would have threads sayimg we should have used our power to bring in SPL players :lol:

your spot on, the games at Ibrox will take care of themselves, but a player or two from the lower leagues would have been the answer away from home when we lack the physical side of the game, each away game is going to be like that , Kyle Hutton did well last year , i cant understand why he isnt starting more games

Absolutely agree with the OP 100%.

We needed to sign two or three guys who could play down the spine of the team and use their knowledge and experience of this level to push us on through these awkward away games.

I've been saying since the Peterhead game that we needed a division 3 level centre half, a guy who won't be intimiated or mind standing toe to toe with these guys and I think somebody who could come in to the middle of the park to do a similar thing wouldn't have hurt either.

I think its going to take time till we get used to playing on these smaller pitches.

What I will say for Brechin, Peterhead, Berwick and Annan is their performances have been disciplined as fuck! They know if they keep us at 1-0 or 0 0 then they will get chances and its taking them when they come along! The standard aint great but the orginisation and discipline from these teams has been excellent

Absolutely agree with the OP 100%.

We needed to sign two or three guys who could play down the spine of the team and use their knowledge and experience of this level to push us on through these awkward away games.

I've been saying since the Peterhead game that we needed a division 3 level centre half, a guy who won't be intimiated or mind standing toe to toe with these guys and I think somebody who could come in to the middle of the park to do a similar thing wouldn't have hurt either.

Thank god people are getting the point of the thread, these usually go one way or the other :lol:

2 or 3 would really have helped! As mentioned earlier Gretna and Livi used SPL standard players mixed in with the best of the SFL players and it worked really well for them

When Gretna and Livi worked up the leagues they had some SPL players of varied ability mixed in with good lower league players and they both cruised it!

I like you am concerned about the players attitudes away from home and they along with Coisty must shoulder the blame for that! They should be motivated, they have a huge following everywhere they go and we don't deserve performances like today! I wasn't expecting us to win every game but performances like today are very disapointing!

Although had we bought in players for this level we would have threads sayimg we should have used our power to bring in SPL players :lol:

Well thats the thing mate, you were never going to please everyone with our signings. Ally/Green have clearly tried to keep a certain level of standard I would assume for the fans as much as anything else (expectations). The problem is regardless of their level if they arent motivated it doesnt matter and more than anything that seems to be our problem away from home.