Di Canio Considering His Swindon Future.

caseyjones

It was reported that both Danny Hollands and Chris Martin had extended their loan deals. Did that change?

I'm sure we'd have heard if he'd actually done it. Also, was the very fact that he made that offer not pretty indicative of the financial dire straits the club were/are in? Why the sudden surprise?

I would also question why anyone would make a statement to say that they are thinking about doing something. What did he hope to achieve, given that the window is now shut and what's done is done? Why not just resign?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the old he played for Celtic therefore he is a cunt regardless. Can't we get a cool and funny name like dumbert or O'Squeal for him?

Who said, or even suggested that? I'm the only one slagging him and have done so based purely on his behaviour at Swindon, without any mention of Celtic.

Maybe read the thread before you insert your tongue back up the OP's hole.

I'm sure we'd have heard if he'd actually done it. Also, was the very fact that he made that offer not pretty indicative of the financial dire straits the club were/are in? Why the sudden surprise?

I would also question why anyone would make a statement to say that they are thinking about doing something. What did he hope to achieve, given that the window is now shut and what's done is done? Why not just resign?

Why the sudden surprise when a player is suddenly sold? Are you for real?

Here's some more testimony which appears to strengthen Di Canio's claims:

"It was my understanding that it was for the best interests of the club that they sold me. It was very sharp," Ritchie told BBC Wiltshire.

"I didn't know much about it until the last couple of hours. I was on my way home from training when I got diverted to Bournemouth. I got a call from my agent who said it was part of the deal for the club to be sold," Ritchie added.

"I had great times at Swindon. It was brilliant when the gaffer came in. To get promotion was an amazing achievement. This year we've started well and look like strong contenders to get promoted. "I leave with a heavy heart. I'll miss everyone there, especially the gaffer. I felt like he helped me a lot and made me the player I am today. I've got a lot to thank him for.

Why didn't he just resign? I don't know why, but once again that is an aside to the point I was making. Start your own 'Di Fannio is a cunt.' thread and I'm sure that you will get the answers you are after. (tu)

Why the sudden surprise when a player is suddenly sold? Are you for real?

Here's some more testimony which appears to strengthen Di Canio's claims:

Why didn't he just resign? I don't know why, but once again that is an aside to the point I was making. Start your own 'Di Fannio is a cunt.' thread and I'm sure that you will get the answers you are after. (tu)

Sorry, didn't realise this thread was only for people who agreed with you. Why don't you and Derek just get your own forum where you say controversial things and he agrees with you while panting and humping your leg?

I'm sure the agent was delighted. I would also say that the communications went exactly as planned.

I agree it's shite on the gaffer being the last to know but it happens. I just don't see what is refreshing about Di Canio coming out with these comments. If he's that unhappy, he knows where the door is.

I agree it's shite on the gaffer being the last to know but it happens. I just don't see what is refreshing about Di Canio coming out with these comments. If he's that unhappy, he knows where the door is.

Exactly. Telling the press you are "considering your future" in order to alert other clubs to your availability is very far from "refreshing".

This thread is only for those who agree with me. Didn't you get the memo?

He may well go, he may be sacked, or it may turn out to be a storm in a teacup that all blows over. Either way, the fans are being kept aware of what is happening within the club, and for me that is the main thing.

It was only intended as a football story for grown ups, nowt else. :)

Exactly. Telling the press you are "considering your future" in order to alert other clubs to your availability is very far from "refreshing".

Have you ever heard of agents? Mobile phones? :D

If he was indeed looking for attention, I'm certain that it wasn't for the benefit of other clubs.