Davie Cooper Tribute?

macranger

With all due respect to Davie Cooper, he was my favourite player and I was at his funeral, if had tributes to mark the anniversary of the deaths of all ex-players/staff, we'd have one every week.

Didn't mean it in a bad way mate, just that he was my hero when he played for us. I know what your saying, just that Davie sticks out above a lot of ex players, more so for the tragic way he died & at such a young age.

Didn't mean it in a bad way mate, just that he was my hero when he played for us. I know what your saying, just that Davie sticks out above a lot of ex players, more so for the tragic way he died & at such a young age.

He was my hero to, but Bobby McKean also died in tragic circumstances, aged only 25, do we do one for him as well.

I think its wrong to single out certain folk for special treatment.

The banner of absent friends will do

Every rangers game there is a tribute to someone we have ripped the arse out it now

Eh?? Are you fucking kidding?

Davie Cooper is one of the greatest ever Rangers.....Maybe you're too young to appreciate him....I grew up watching him...still one of my favourite players

So Cooper is in a different category to most other Rangers past & present

All these players, from our inception till now, should be commemorated in one single venue - the Rangers Football Club Hall of Fame.

If I had my way, this would be built adjacent to the stadium. A place where we could house the current trophy room as well as club memorabilia celebrating all the great players, Coop included, who have played for our great club.

Not sure how long Charlie will be around but getting a club museum built and up and running should be a priority. IMHO.

Eh?? Are you fucking kidding?

Davie Cooper is one of the greatest ever Rangers.....Maybe you're too young to appreciate him....I grew up watching him...still one of my favourite players

So Cooper is in a different category to most other Rangers past & present

This is why I actually posted in the first place to be honest. Didn't want to start an argument, it's just that seeing as it was the actual day he died, I thought 1 minutes applause at 11 minutes wasn't asking a lot, but, hey ho.

This is why I actually posted in the first place to be honest. Didn't want to start an argument, it's just that seeing as it was the actual day he died, I thought 1 minutes applause at 11 minutes wasn't asking a lot, but, hey ho.

Forgot it was the anniversary of his death.....Any tribute to the great Davie Cooper is fine by me.

He was my hero to, but Bobby McKean also died in tragic circumstances, aged only 25, do we do one for him as well.

I think its wrong to single out certain folk for special treatment.

With all respect due to those who have passed and left the Rangers family, there are family members and there are family legends. Davie Cooper is a family legend and he should be remembered in any way possible.

There was a nice wee montage of his goals shown on the big screens, both before K.O and H.T.

Yeah, saw that. It was brilliant. Thought my wee boy was getting fed up hearing me talk about Davie, but he couldn't keep his eyes off the screen before kick off when it was showing the montage.

Highlight of the day for me,the big screens had his montage on for yous that could not attend??????.Still think my fav. game of Davie Cooper was his mesmerising run v Tampere for wee Flecky to score,i was right on line with it MAGICAL....

All the guys round about me wanted to keep it on for the whole of the second half :thumbup:

Highlight of the day for me,the big screens had his montage on for yous that could not attend??????.Still think my fav. game of Davie Cooper was his mesmerising run v Tampere for wee Flecky to score,i was right on line with it MAGICAL....

All the guys round about me wanted to keep it on for the whole of the second half :thumbup:

Also the 15th anniversary of my late mothers death,so poignant.........................