Who would you have signed?

Is it? I'm sure if McCoist had enough time to sign the SPL players then he would had enough time to sign SFL players surely?

Everybody thinks SFL players would jump at the chance to play for Rangers on, lets be honest a short term contract cos thats what it would be, a year maybe two at the most, these boys would give up their jobs, careers outside the game, burning bridges in the process to come and spend a season or two at rangers for a couple grand a week which isn't going to set you up for life?, no they would want more money, much more money in fact to make it worth the gamble, why people can't see that is beyond me, SPL players were signed because theoretically there is more chance they won't need replaced before we get back to that lvl (Ok a lot of them haven't worked out like that), Signing boys from the lower leagues with no real chance of making it and then discarding them by the wayside when we dont need them any longer is not a long term strategy either, the only way we will get good young players who might make it in the SPL is to produce them ourselves for the time being. The reason we are signing older players on shorter contracts at the moment is simple, because we cannot attract real talent in our situation and SFL players will want a hefty salary and incentives to give up what they have already to risk it all for a season at Rangers, dream come true maybe but for how long? and at what cost? Older players nearing there sell by date who do not need to be paid off at the end of the contract is the way it's going to be for now get used to it.

Everybody thinks SFL players would jump at the chance to play for Rangers on, lets be honest a short term contract cos thats what it would be, a year maybe two at the most, these boys would give up their jobs, careers outside the game, burning bridges in the process to come and spend a season or two at rangers for a couple grand a week which isn't going to set you up for life?, no they would want more money, much more money in fact to make it worth the gamble, why people can't see that is beyond me, SPL players were signed because theoretically there is more chance they won't need replaced before we get back to that lvl (Ok a lot of them haven't worked out like that), Signing boys from the lower leagues with no real chance of making it and then discarding them by the wayside when we dont need them any longer is not a long term strategy either, the only way we will get good young players who might make it in the SPL is to produce them ourselves for the time being. The reason we are signing older players on shorter contracts at the moment is simple, because we cannot attract real talent in our situation and SFL players will want a hefty salary and incentives to give up what they have already to risk it all for a season at Rangers, dream come true maybe but for how long? and at what cost? Older players nearing there sell by date who do not need to be paid off at the end of the contract is the way it's going to be for now get used to it.

The wages that would satisfy division one players would still be lower than what the SPL players are looking for. We would probably be getting a better product on the pitch without wasting as much money.

If it doesn't work out for them then they can find another club, which is probably going to be easier if they have Rangers on the CV.

You say signing division one players is not a long-term strategy. Correct. Rangers are not going to be playing in SFL on a long term basis. We should worry about signing SPL quality when we are in the SPL. Do you really think the SPL players we have signed are going to have significantly improved as a result of playing SFL football for two or three years?

I'm well aware of the signing policy at Ibrox, thank you very much. As much as I don't like it, I have accepted it; this thread was merely just a way of finding out who members of the forum would have signed at the start of the season. Its hypothetical but the last time I checked this was a forum so it's a perfectly acceptable thread. (tu)

Hope I'm not reading this incorrectly and you are criticising me for not suggesting players? I suggested Steven Lawless above. Apologies if I have misread, however (tu)

Not directed at you dude, actually like the challenge you are posing in this thread. Look at every other thread mentioning a potential singing and the barrage of criticism towards the players.... It's those people I am having a dig at.

Not directed at you dude, actually like the challenge you are posing in this thread. Look at every other thread mentioning a potential singing and the barrage of criticism towards the players.... It's those people I am having a dig at.

Sorry mate! When I come to think of it it's pretty obvious what you are getting at. Cheers (tu)

Ross Forbes

Broke into the Motherwell team a couple of years ago and scored plenty of goals for them.

Now a mainstay in an improving Partick Thistle team.

This boy is a massive Rangers fan and is great at set pieces which is something that we lack greatly.

How our current scouting system can't pick out young up and coming players like this is beyond me.

And let's take the Clarke boy from QoS too...

There's two decent SFL players we could easily sign that would add a touch of quality and goals and help support the likes of Little and Hemmings. They also wouldn't be on massive salaries.

I'd snatch back up Jordan McMillan and Andrew Shinnie in a heartbeat if it were possible too.

I don't want Daly from Dundee United. I just don't want him at all.

nobody mentioned the boy vladmir weiss i'll take him back in a heartbeat he only signed a one year deal at pescara so he's free to talk to other clubs. The boy loves the club. i would have him and templeton on the wings anyday. i hope the club looks into a possibility of this but not holding my breath.

Most of us would have signed Templeton, Black and Shiels, anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I wouldn't have signed any of them at the time, I wanted to sign SFL players as we were and are an SFL club.

Obviously I've been happy with Temps looking back. Still think Shiels is a good player and will come good but I never wanted Black anywhere near the club regardless of what league we were in.

Most of us would have signed Templeton, Black and Shiels, anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I didn't want Black anywhere near the Club. He was nothing more than a Hatchet Man at Hearts. He's confirmed my worst fears about him this season. Utter shite.

Templeton I was happy about and I'm sure he'll be a big player for us over the next 3 years.

nobody mentioned the boy vladmir weiss i'll take him back in a heartbeat he only signed a one year deal at pescara so he's free to talk to other clubs. The boy loves the club. i would have him and templeton on the wings anyday. i hope the club looks into a possibility of this but not holding my breath.

Weiss and Templeton on the wings would be incredible. The last time we had Weiss we played him as a left-winger which is retarded. Temps on the left, Weiss on the right, amazing wing play will follow.

The players signed at the time most were more than happy with now its the blame game rather than think that sometimes for whatever reason players find it tough to match Rangers supporters expectations and for whatever reason struggle at us.

I wouldn't have signed any of them at the time, I wanted to sign SFL players as we were and are an SFL club.

Obviously I've been happy with Temps looking back. Still think Shiels is a good player and will come good but I never wanted Black anywhere near the club regardless of what league we were in.

I think Templeton could, and will, do even better and that Shiels will eventually come good as you say.

Black is a puzzler because he showed in his least season at Hearts he was more than just a hatchet man and I don't understand why he has failed to impress.

We will still walk whatever league we end up in next year if we can get two decent centre backs.

McCoist certainly went wrong in his choice of defender last year as Cribari must be the worst make that second worst Brazilian footballer ever to set foot in Scotland.

The players signed at the time most were more than happy with now its the blame game rather than think that sometimes for whatever reason players find it tough to match Rangers supporters expectations and for whatever reason struggle at us.

I was more than happy with who we brought in minus a creative midfielder which has been blatant for the past few seasons.

However these players should be good enough to stroll the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions yet have underperformed in almost every game. Thats not supporter demands thats what their abilities suggest and have shown in rhe spl.

You cant blame pressure as all are experienced playing at big stadiums.

I was more than happy with who we brought in minus a creative midfielder which has been blatant for the past few seasons.

However these players should be good enough to stroll the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions yet have underperformed in almost every game. Thats not supporter demands thats what their abilities suggest and have shown in rhe spl.

You cant blame pressure as all are experienced playing at big stadiums.

I think you can at say Hearts one good game in four and your a hero, sometimes one bad pass can have you wishing the ball doesn't come to you again at Rangers.

I thought the players coming in would have done really well but they haven't so far.