10 million fur next next year!

Green was going to give ally this nexy year! My arse, and if he was then we are better with out him. I know this would include wages but we all know that we dont need to be spending anywhere near that.I am worried who these two new signing are going to be,hope there not ageing spl players who are going to stop young boys getting a game and when we return to top they will be washed up bloodgers, not good long term options just guys thinking of easy pay day

I know this would include wages

We have a registration embargo and are unable to transfer anyone in. If we do sign people for the start of next season it'll be free agents only. So any money we do spend will be on wages alone.

I doubt we'll sign anyone in January. Especially if Ally ties money up in Miller, and Daly. We may also be stuck with Goian and Bocanegra who knows.

no he wasn't, he said 10 million would be made available as we progress up the leagues as in ten million over the next 3 seasons

elationship and I don’t have any doubt Craig will, too.”

Green had previously spoken of giving McCoist a £10 million budget for next season, and the manager is convinced that his squad needs serious strengthening as they prepare for life in the Second Division. But, while he would be extremely happy to be given that size of budget, he appears prepared to recognise that a more modest sum may be on offer now that Mather is in charge. “I would settle for it,” he said of the £10m sum. “Am I hopeful? That is not a word that springs to mind, but I would be delighted if that was the case. These things will be for next week.

To be honest 10 million over the next 2 seasons would probably be cheap compared to what Ally would want to spend.

I think we're spending a shocking amount of money to win part-time leagues.

I know but I think they're looking at trying to buid a team that will be competitive in the spl when we get back there, we're not in the same boat as normal clubs who are trying to win leagues, we're looking at having a team thats going to be playing in europe

I know but I think they're looking at trying to buid a team that will be competitive in the spl when we get back there, we're not in the same boat as normal clubs who are trying to win leagues, we're looking at having a team thats going to be playing in europe

I'd settle for a team that just competitive full stop. If we're looking for a team who have a chance of just walking in and competing for the top league then we should be saving our cash for the 1st or 2nd transfer window of season 2014-2015 and getting a team to gel while playing the 1st.

Guys being touted like Daly, Miller, Boyd etc are not going to be SPL winners quality in 2 seasons.

I don't know what the level of football is like in the 2nd div in terms of what step up is it, but I think we'll struggle the same as we did this season and basically win ugly. If that's the case I can't see Ally being the manager for the 1st division.

So we should start building a team that will be ready for Europe?

So we should start building a team that will be ready for Europe?

well realistically we could be playing european football in 3 years time, I think it makes sense to bring in a couple of players this season who you think are capable, 3 or 4 next summer, and the same again when we go up to the top flight, obviously with the view of offloading some along the way, does it not make more sense to try and assemble a squad over several seasons than trying to do it all in one transfer window

I'd settle for a team that just competitive full stop. If we're looking for a team who have a chance of just walking in and competing for the top league then we should be saving our cash for the 1st or 2nd transfer window of season 2014-2015 and getting a team to gel while playing the 1st.

Guys being touted like Daly, Miller, Boyd etc are not going to be SPL winners quality in 2 seasons.

I don't know what the level of football is like in the 2nd div in terms of what step up is it, but I think we'll struggle the same as we did this season and basically win ugly. If that's the case I can't see Ally being the manager for the 1st division.

I hear what you're saying mate, although I think the players you mention might be good enough still, the spl is poor at the minute and only going to get weaker in our absence, Davie Weir was still one of the better(if not the best) centre half in the league into his 40's, footballers can still play at a high standard into their mid 30's nowadays, Boyd and Miller were good enough to win us leagues in the past and should still be capable in 2 years time, however I wish we would look at signing players younger so they have some sell on value too.

Don't think the 2nd division will be much tougher than the 3rd and we should be far better prepared this season

For those who will criticise anything Ally says... surely it is logical that we should start (not complete) getting players in who will be bedded in and ready to stay with us when we are back in Europe?

There is no need to spend £10m for next season, and I very much doubt that we would be anywhere near that, but possibly over the next 4 transfer windows.

If we got Clarke and Bell during the summer window I'd be happy. If we could then go for GMS and Hutchinson in January I'd be delighted. The young boy McGinn (St.Mirren) looks good too.

That's more like the signings I want to see.

For those who will criticise anything Ally says... surely it is logical that we should start (not complete) getting players in who will be bedded in and ready to stay with us when we are back in Europe?

There is no need to spend £10m for next season, and I very much doubt that we would be anywhere near that, but possibly over the next 4 transfer windows.

I think people are getting carried away; there is no way we can or should spend £10m next season,that and football wages would be in excess of our income just for starters.

Wasn't it Five Million? It doesn't make much a difference If we spend anywhere near that for Division 2 then we've learned fuck all over these past years, If it was being sensibly invested in the future fair enough but we all know we'll be paying over the odds for past it journeymen, I wouldn't give Ally a Tenner to spend never mind Ten Million.

He shouldn't be given any money. Get Alexander, Goian and Boca off the wage bill this summer and then give him the circa £40k p/w to bring in new recruits. He can bring in 10-12 players on £3-4k p/w, strengthen the squad whilst keeping the wage bill the same or less than this season.