***British & Irish Lions Tour 2013***

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he has, the other guy complained to the ref and although the video ref say they can't tell from

the footage they are still looking into it, can't honestly say I saw it?

They played a replay of the incident and it is pretty difficult to spot it.

Grant should have been called up. Rowantree clearly getting a big say.

Grant should have been in the original squad and quite possibly in contention for a starting role in tests!

I honestly try not look at the Lions and talk about individual nationalities, simply individual abilities but how the English can now have their 6th front row member of the squad (including Hartley) is baffling, moreso given the absolute mauling they took in the scrum v Wales in their last match!

A much better test today, can only help come the actual tests. Hopefully the injury to Bowe isn't serious, he and North I think would be first choice wingers.

Hogg had a busy day, positionally I think he did well but Halfpenny will be the starting 15. Warburton was pretty quiet, still think Tipuric is the better 7 overall, but Gatland will obviously stick with him being captain.

Better test today, probably lucky their pack was weakened without internationals as we had such advantage at set piece.

Seemingly not good news for Bowe, which is a blow! Gray impressed today.

Anyone watching Scotland - Samoa, interesting kit maker Samoa have!

Better test today, probably lucky their pack was weakened without internationals as we had such advantage at set piece.

Seemingly not good news for Bowe, which is a blow! Gray impressed today.

Anyone watching Scotland - Samoa, interesting kit maker Samoa have!

What channels it on? Just in from work so missed the Lions game as well :(

Edit - Never mind :P

Thought we'd see the test side more or less on Tuesday. Doesn't look like it though.

@5LiveRugby: Lions XV v CCountry: Maitland Cuthbert BOD* Roberts North Hogg Murray; Corbisiero Hibbard Cole Gray Evans O'Brien Tipuric Heaslip

Hogg at 10 for Tuesday.

Poor kicking, from Hogg, but Sir Clive Woodward says he should start on the right wing vs Aus, instead of Cuthbert.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2339858/Sir-Clive-Woodward-Let-Stuart-Hogg-boss-Lions-right-hand-side.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Lions team: Leigh Halfpenny; Sean Maitland, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Simon Zebo; Jonathan Sexton, Mike Phillips; Mako Vunipola, Tom Youngs, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Paul O'Connell , Tom Croft, Sam Warburton (capt), Jamie Heaslip.

This will be very close to the test team imo.

Lions team: Leigh Halfpenny; Sean Maitland, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Simon Zebo; Jonathan Sexton, Mike Phillips; Mako Vunipola, Tom Youngs, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Paul O'Connell , Tom Croft, Sam Warburton (capt), Jamie Heaslip.

This will be very close to the test team imo.

Glad to see Croft in again, he impressed me a lot in 6nations 2012, but not seen him much since. Hope he improves on his last (dis)appearance. Wouldn't have thought Maitland or especially Zebo would make the final XV. The ideal wing partnership for me is Bowe and North.

Hopefully this will be more of a match than the last one, anyway.