Mitchell at RB

Mitchell did well at RB, He struggled at LB because he had to shift onto his right side and was caught once or twice.

If you have ever played football at any level or coached or studied football you will know that right sided players generally don't pass the ball as well with their right foot,

They are not as strong in the tackle and their timing in the tackle can be off because they are using their weaker foot.

You will also know that your 11 best players do not always make your best team. Shape and balance are more important.

Heggarty is a bad example because personally I think he is out his depth at Rangers,

But I would always pick a decent recognised centre half ahead of McCulloch because he is not a natural centre half, His strengths are in the air and he has that important experience but,,,,,,,He has absolutely no recovery and if he played against a decent strike force he would be exposed and humilated.

A bad example because it goes against your point. Interesting logic.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG! I hate man utd with a passion i just used an example that suited my argument you should try it some time. What happened to your civiliased debate philoshopy or is this another example of you contradicting yourself.

Its hard to debate with someone who continually makes stupid statements and then ignores requests for examples of such statements.

to sum up our interaction.

I think it is bad practice to continually play numerous players out of position when you have players who play that position on the bench.

and because of that view you think I am an idiot and a cunt.

You on the other hand, think that players should be played out of position whenever possible and you don't really have any stats or data to back that up.

You sound very much like an idiot and I would not call you a cunt because after you leave puberty you might realise that Cunts are actually useful

WRONG! I hate man utd with a passion i just used an example that suited my argument you should try it some time. What happened to your civiliased debate philoshopy or is this another example of you contradicting yourself.

You also appear to be having problems with the use of capital letters. It never really suited your arguement because you don't really have one.

You seem to think that playing players out of position is best practice, I disagree.

Please show me where I contradicted myself, You struggled to answer the 1st time

Its hard to debate with someone who continually makes stupid statements and then ignores requests for examples of such statements.

to sum up our interaction.

I think it is bad practice to continually play numerous players out of position when you have players who play that position on the bench.

and because of that view you think I am an idiot and a cunt.

You on the other hand, think that players should be played out of position whenever possible and you don't really have any stats or data to back that up.

You sound very much like an idiot and I would not call you a cunt because after you leave puberty you might realise that Cunts are actually useful

I at no point called you a cunt because of your opinion your not wrong you have the right to your opinion, if you don't understand the problem i have with you then maybe you shouldn't be debating with grown ups. I must admit though i'm a bit confused with the last comment you made there are you saying that you'd like me to fuck you!

You also appear to be having problems with the use of capital letters. It never really suited your arguement because you don't really have one.

You seem to think that playing players out of position is best practice, I disagree.

Please show me where I contradicted myself, You struggled to answer the 1st time

I didn't struggle i've given up trying to debate with you because you refuse to consider others opinions. I do have a point you on the other hand have none really you think a striker should be played as a striker well done whilst refusing to see the benefit of versatilty.

A bad example because it goes against your point. Interesting logic.

Try reading the full post where I answered your question in full

"But I would always pick a decent recognised centre half ahead of McCulloch because he is not a natural centre half, His strengths are in the air and he has that important experience but,,,,,,,He has absolutely no recovery and if he played against a decent strike force he would be exposed and humilated"

I didn't struggle i've given up trying to debate with you because you refuse to consider others opinions. I do have a point you on the other hand have none really you think a striker should be played as a striker well done whilst refusing to see the benefit of versatilty.

Now you are just being silly and some would think you are deliberately trying to start an arguement with a fellow Rangers fan.

Versatility is great, It is brilliant. superb, magic.

It allows players to fill in when their team mates are injured, get sent off or are suspended. It can often have an adverse affect on the veratile player as he sometimes does not have a recognised position and this can lead to him starting most games on the bench.

Yes, I do think a striker should be played as a striker and not at Right or Left midfield.

my reasoning is simple.

1. Right midfielders can generally play the position better, thats why they are wide midfielders.

2. Strikers thrive on confidence and scoring goals, they may not score as many playing wide and this may affect their confidence.

3. The most important thing for a striker is sharpness and instinct and reacting in the box, Playing wide will mean he may lose some of this sharpness as he is asked to defend more and spends less time in the box. I know from experience.

Now you are just being silly and some would think you are deliberately trying to start an arguement with a fellow Rangers fan.

Versatility is great, It is brilliant. superb, magic.

It allows players to fill in when their team mates are injured, get sent off or are suspended. It can often have an adverse affect on the veratile player as he sometimes does not have a recognised position and this can lead to him starting most games on the bench.

Yes, I do think a striker should be played as a striker and not at Right or Left midfield.

my reasoning is simple.

1. Right midfielders can generally play the position better, thats why they are wide midfielders.

2. Strikers thrive on confidence and scoring goals, they may not score as many playing wide and this may affect their confidence.

3. The most important thing for a striker is sharpness and instinct and reacting in the box, Playing wide will mean he may lose some of this sharpness as he is asked to defend more and spends less time in the box. I know from experience.

Agree with this post completely and was exactly my original post when your options are limited versatility is essential

Well I am off to bed,

Protestant work ethic and all that. you may or may not know about that.

If you can give me as many reasons as you can why a RM should play LB instead of RM then let me know and I will consider your arguement.

Let me know also why you think a striker is better at RM than an actual RM.

Don't strain yourself too much though.

Well I am off to bed,

Protestant work ethic and all that. you may or may not know about that.

If you can give me as many reasons as you can why a RM should play LB instead of RM then let me know and I will consider your arguement.

Let me know also why you think a striker is better at RM than an actual RM.

Don't strain yourself too much though.

That last post is why your a cunt think on!

Agree with this post completely and was exactly my original post when your options are limited versatility is essential

Maybe I misunderstood you at first, Versatility is priceless,

But a square peg in a square hole wins every time for me.

Goodnight !