Mitchell at RB

will he be benched now?

looked the part in the run he got at the end of the season. pace, aggression and it looked like he had good timing.

hopefully the return of foster doesn't hinder the progress he was making. unfortunately the "job for the boys" mentality will probably put his place in the starting line up at stake now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will he be benched now?

looked the part in the run he got at the end of the season. pace, aggression and it looked like he had good timing.

hopefully the return of foster doesn't hinder the progress he was making. unfortunately the "job for the boys" mentality will probably put his place in the starting line up at stake now.

More than likely, but don't give up Andy (tu)

He certainly impressed in the last few games and he was rewarded with a new contract. But Ally is obviously not a big fan of Argyriou and that's why he brought in Foster. Competition for places is a good thing and if Mitchell performs well in the first 8 or so games then it will be hard to justify including Foster

He certainly impressed in the last few games and he was rewarded with a new contract. But Ally is obviously not a big fan of Argyriou and that's why he brought in Foster. Competition for places is a good thing and if Mitchell performs well in the first 8 or so games then it will be hard to justify including Foster

Correct although ally and his staff have a history of playing players in trying to justify their signing. hopefully he gets first shout when it comes to the new season and holds down his place.

I doubt you will see Mitchell getting a game unless there is a major injury crisis, Ally and backroom staff like to shoehorn there favourites into the team, new signings will be playing wont be surprised to see Wallace and Smith playing left side, and foster will play RB or Right Midfield or CB where he has played for us before if Ally shoehorns him in, Jig and Daly will be the same either upfront or CB, the list goes on.

Correct although ally and his staff have a history of playing players in trying to justify their signing. hopefully he gets first shout when it comes to the new season and holds down his place.

Ally and his staff also have a history of signing players and never playing them. Matt McKay springs to mind :lol:

We have foster cole argy and Mitchell for rb, it wouldn't surprise me to see perry shoehorned at rb to accommodate jig and emilson at cb, he seems to like for and for what reason I will never understand

I'm amazed that we now have five players that can play RB in the one squad. So far I've counted Foster, Mitchell, Cole, Faure and the Greek boy who's name I can't spell.

Ideally I want to see Mitchell get his chance at RB with big Luca playing alongside an experienced defender at CB. Doubt this will happen though.

High hopes for Andy but I fear his versatility could hamper him if Ally puts him in many different positions without Andy getting a solid run at one for many games. Kinda Jack of all trades, master of none situation but I feel if he had a chance to make say the RB his own he would take it.

Lets not dress it up, he looked decent at right back, nothing more, nothing less.

Lets not dress it up, he looked decent at right back, nothing more, nothing less.

This.

He only played a few games there as well, yet some on here are suggesting he should be first choice RB for the upcoming season.

He seems a decent player, and his versatility will be useful, but I don't see him being around for much longer after this season.

His versatility is a big plus. Can play RB, LB and in midfield.

I think he'll get more game time than he got last season. But what do I know?

Neil Alexander can play LB too, but does not mean he is any good at it.

Mitchell was decent at RB and actually got MOTM against Clyde, but he was no where near as effective at LB,

He got caught out trying to shift the ball onto his right side on more than 1 occasion.

He was not as strong in the tackle and he gave away a number of fouls, It is not easy to tackle with your weaker foot because it is not as strong and your timing can be off.

The lad is a right midfielder who excels going forward, here is a novel idea,,,,,,,,,

Why don't we just play players in their correct position, especially youngsters, Let them build their confidence playing where they are comfortable.

Off the top of my head,

Rangers players who were played out of position on at least 1 occasion last year.

Heggarty

Argyriou

Aird

McKay

Little

Faure

McCulloch

Mitchell

Shiels

Templeton

Crawford

Naismith

Neil Alexander can play LB too, but does not mean he is any good at it.

Mitchell was decent at RB and actually got MOTM against Clyde, but he was no where near as effective at LB,

He got caught out trying to shift the ball onto his right side on more than 1 occasion.

He was not as strong in the tackle and he gave away a number of fouls, It is not easy to tackle with your weaker foot because it is not as strong and your timing can be off.

The lad is a right midfielder who excels going forward, here is a novel idea,,,,,,,,,

Why don't we just play players in their correct position, especially youngsters, Let them build their confidence playing where they are comfortable.

Off the top of my head,

Rangers players who were played out of position on at least 1 occasion last year.

Heggarty

Argyriou

Aird

McKay

Little

Faure

McCulloch

Mitchell

Shiels

Templeton

Crawford

Naismith

We got to a uefa cup final playing players out of position, making the best of what we have players versatility during that run got us to a final as well as bringing us three titles in a row

We got to a uefa cup final playing players out of position, making the best of what we have players versatility during that run got us to a final as well as bringing us three titles in a row

So in your opinion playing players out of position is better than playing players in their correct position.

No wonder Mancini got sacked, If only he had played Yaya Toure at RB and Tevez at Left midfield.

Maybe we actually got to the UEFA cup final because we had 2 exceptional centre halves and we defended really well as a team.

So in your opinion playing players out of position is better than playing players in their correct position.

No wonder Mancini got sacked, If only he had played Yaya Toure at RB and Tevez at Left midfield.

Maybe we actually got to the UEFA cup final because we had 2 exceptional centre halves and we defended really well as a team.

You're right no wonder sir Alex stepped down, rooney and jones in midfield, Valencia at right back what did he ever achieve oh wait...