Charles Green

minstral

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I think Swansea's model is one that could have worked. A reputable, trustworthy fans trust or group having a significant share (20% for them) and a local, wealthy businessman who's a fan of the club in charge. Then the rest of the board would be people who knew how to operate a football club.

I did appreciate him standing up for the club but he was out of control and was becoming a liability. The lies kept being questioned and he didn't have the answers and he hardly made an effort to stay when he left. He's now selling his shares and is going to make a very handsome profit. Think we can safely say goodbye to the Charles Green era.

I mentioned in earlier pages, although i'm disappointed he left so early it's not a case of me believing the club cannot move on without him. I'm defending him because I feel that he seems to have been turned into a negative figure in our history in many quarters, and believe this is wrong. I'm not saying we should all be campaigning to have a statue of him built but I do think he should have unanimous respect and thanks.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making it all sound rather black and white, it's not so much about being comfortable as i've always accepted Green has/had his bad points and him running off at the mouth was one, I just feel the good far outweighed the bad and the good is what he should mainly be remembered by.

He personally built up my trust because of his role in rescuing the club and him generally being a breath of fresh air, it was never about Dallas Cowboys or players from the Euros.

As are you. And I feel the good that he did is overhyped. He stuck up for the fans because it was in his consortiums interest to do so and when it was no longer, he left. They needed to get the fans onside to buy season tickets and when Smith and McCoist supported him, they got it. And saving the club? Well Imran got him on board and the money came from all sorts of places with Murray getting the credit for some of them so did he?

I mentioned in earlier pages, although i'm disappointed he left so early it's not a case of me believing the club cannot move on without him. I'm defending him because I feel that he seems to have been turned into a negative figure in our history in many quarters, and believe this is wrong. I'm not saying we should all be campaigning to have a statue of him built but I do think he should have unanimous respect and thanks.

He did that to himself. When Rangers legends don't have unanimous respect and thanks, I think you might be waiting for a while mate.

it shows a pattern of deception, if he lied about such pointless facts without prompting why would you believe anything else he said? As far as title stripping goes CG was unwilling to pay for lawyers to defend the club stating it had nothing to do with the newco, it was Ally and MM who refused to accept it and went as far as to say they would resign if he accepted any titles being stripped. He also lied when he said the share money raised would not be used or needed to keep the club afloat, that is not trivial, if when he said it he was sure the money would not be needed to pay the bills then he is a very poor CEO. There was also far bigger lies he was trying to keep covered up when it comes to how the football side of the club would be ran, if you listen to his 40 odd minute interview on stv website you will see the interviewer trying to pin him on facts about scouting coaching etc but he continues to deflect with non answers until eventually he admits the role of head scout was defunct and no longer needed as we wouldnt have any scouts for him to be head of. You should be asking yourself how this could be and what does the interviewer know that hes trying to box CG into a lie about? when you figure that out you will get to one of the main reasons the rangers people as you call them wanted green gone as a matter of urgency.

You've given me a paragraph with pretty much no proper facts or evidence, however you felt about the potential football strategy under Green he was here less than a year so it's a total unknown either way how it would have turned out.

Again you're somebody with apparent insight into private meetings but I can only deal with proof. Not paying for lawyers was about the club not recognising the commission and it was later agreed that the RFFF would be used.

The prospectus said some share issue money would be used for working capital so you're also incorrect there.

He did that to himself. When Rangers legends don't have unanimous respect and thanks, I think you might be waiting for a while mate.

Clearly it's not going to be unanimous but I think the numbers are a bit too large that are allowing his reputation to be written as negative, although in fairness we're mainly using the internet to judge, and the UBs.

As are you. And I feel the good that he did is overhyped. He stuck up for the fans because it was in his consortiums interest to do so and when it was no longer, he left. They needed to get the fans onside to buy season tickets and when Smith and McCoist supported him, they got it. And saving the club? Well Imran got him on board and the money came from all sorts of places with Murray getting the credit for some of them so did he?

I've said about a hundred times of course several individuals contributed but the leader of the group takes the bulk of the credit, hardly unique.

Any buyer needed the backing of the fans so I don't really see that as an argument against praising how Green stood up for us.

What happend to the three players taking us to court?

Think it was Aluko, Lafferty and either McCabe or Naismith.

Did this happen or was this another lie?

Were these cases not being progressed by some bint from the PFA ?

If I remember correctly she had Mad Phil, RTC, Brennan and all the rest on her twitter or FB page.

It was then revealed the PFA were doing it on his behalf or something, complicated situation but you really think Green sat in his office and decided to randomly put a made up story out?

No that was a seperate case involving 67(?) players.

He made up a lot of stories so it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Even if not i'm sure there'd have been more than one twitter message if Green was making up fiction about them. Aluko may not have known much about it but of course it wasn't a 'lie'.

Aluko didn't know much about the fact he was taking us to court? Not the SPFA, it was actually him.

Wow! :lol:

"Finally, three players - Aluko, Lafferty and Ness - have also raised constructive dismissal claims against the club as it stands now."

Although Aluko has said on Twitter that he is not interested in pursuing any claim, Green claimed that representatives of the six players have challenged the right of the club to be involved in the Scottish FA process and a preliminary hearing has been fixed for 7 January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20681984