RST - Latest Press Releases

Ace

More questions:

- Why are some original RST board members still on the board ten years after the launch of the RST? Surely their term of office must have expired by now?

- Is it healthy for the RST to be so closely identified with the FollowFollow web site?

- If the RST truly aims to widen fan ownership, why do they refuse dialogue with Vanguard Bears, a group of Rangers fans which cannot even be named on the RST's in-house website, Followfollow.com?

- Despite having been in existence for 10 years, the RST membership remians disproportionately low given the size of the Rangers fan-base. The RST continues to be perceived among the wider fan-base, not as a group genuinely seeking to represent the entire fan-base, but as a publicity-hungry self-interest clique. What steps can the RST take to address this perception?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More questions:

- Why are some original RST board members still on the board ten years after the launch of the RST? Surely their term of office must have expired by now?

- Is it healthy for the RST to be so closely identified with the FollowFollow web site?

- If the RST truly aims to widen fan ownership, why do they refuse dialogue with Vanguard Bears, a group of Rangers fans which cannot even be named on the RST's in-house website, Followfollow.com?

- Despite having been in existence for 10 years, the RST membership remians disproportionately low given the size of the Rangers fan-base. The RST continues to be perceived among the wider fan-base, not as a group genuinely seeking to represent the entire fan-base, but as a publicity-hungry self-interest clique. What steps can the RST take to address this perception?

Added them all. The last question is similar to one Ed has proposed also

Is the trust set up re the Clubs Ltd Co. if so due to the fact of the ltd Co that was there 10 plus years ago, should the board have not stepped down and a new trust set up. I mean after all the shares they had are gone now..............also could you ask them how much money was left to purchase shares in the old company and when was the last shares purchased in the old company. As my understanding is once they took money in they immediately bought shares and could you ask them if they took money after administration.

This could be a negative but I will still be suspicious until such times they see fit to post their accounts on various forums, that way it would answer all our concerns and who knows, perhaps gain new members...........but still that nagging doubt as to the truth being told.

WOULD THEY PUBLISH THEIR ACCOUNTS EVERY YEAR TO SHOW WHERE THE MONEY THEY TAKE IN GOES AND ARE THEY NEEDING TO TRIM THEIR RUNNING COSTS.

Is the trust set up re the Clubs Ltd Co. if so due to the fact of the ltd Co that was there 10 plus years ago, should the board have not stepped down and a new trust set up. I mean after all the shares they had are gone now..............also could you ask them how much money was left to purchase shares in the old company and when was the last shares purchased in the old company. As my understanding is once they took money in they immediately bought shares and could you ask them if they took money after administration.

This could be a negative but I will still be suspicious until such times they see fit to post their accounts on various forums, that way it would answer all our concerns and who knows, perhaps gain new members...........but still that nagging doubt as to the truth being told.

WOULD THEY PUBLISH THEIR ACCOUNTS EVERY YEAR TO SHOW WHERE THE MONEY THEY TAKE IN GOES AND ARE THEY NEEDING TO TRIM THEIR RUNNING COSTS.

The question about shares and such like added and will be merged into one quesion (from others too)

Publishing accounts yearly question added - not sure they need to publish on all the forums but on their own site Ed?

The question about shares and such like added and will be merged into one quesion (from others too)

Publishing accounts yearly question added - not sure they need to publish on all the forums but on their own site Ed?

Working hard for that African Ambassador Bud :thumbup:

Before I joined I asked questions regarding the RST & FollowFollow ... my understanding now is apart from MD, there is no other links to FF via RST other than him being an elected board member.

If people perceive there to be links where there are none, there's not alot anyone can do about it except keep repeating that there are no links ... of course there will always be folk who believe there is and no amount if discussion or denial will convince them otherwise.

Before I joined I asked questions regarding the RST & FollowFollow ... my understanding now is apart from MD, there is no other links to FF via RST other than him being an elected board member.

If people perceive there to be links where there are none, there's not alot anyone can do about it except keep repeating that there are no links ... of course there will always be folk who believe there is and no amount if discussion or denial will convince them otherwise.

I have a question already posing this as the individual mentioned seems to be one of the biggest stumbling blocks to new members joining. Clarity on (all of) the role (s) of MD perhaps?

I use many Rangers web-sites and message-boards. The only two which have ever banned me are Followfollow.com and the RST Facebook page. Mark Dingwall owns Followfollow and has been an RST board member for 10 years.

Saying there's no link between FF & RST is as credible and as believable as Gerry Adams denying he was ever an IRA member.

I made the post thinking that as you had answered (seemingly) on behalf of the RST that you represented them? I am not trying to be divisive here. I am trying to get the correct answers to legitimate (and only the sensible) questions so we can all move forward. Fans representation will not take place until we get affirmative responses to legitimate questions and complete accountability.

I almost joined a few weeks ago after talking privately with (the poster) RST but at the moment, I am prevented from doing so by too many unanswered questions.

Fans ownership (in the correct model) is the way ahead. Let's make it happen. UOpen the door to getting the questions answered and maybe the membership issues will be resolved?

I asked a question.

You 'thought' it was an answer.

I really don't know what to say.

It wouldn't be too difficult to put these 'perceptions' to bed - would it?

Again, not sure how to answer that, but I will try.

Possibly it would be too difficult.

But in future could you be a bit more careful when wording questions to me. I am easily confused and can't figure out whether 'yes' or 'no' is the answer to your question.

Alternatively don't bother asking.

I asked a question.

I asked a question.

Please re read the first line of my response:

"I made the post thinking that as you had answered (seemingly) on behalf of the RST that you ......... "

I can rephrase it:

"I made the post thinking that as you had answered (seemingly), with a question, on behalf of the RST that you ........."

The RST Gersave scheme allegedly raised £92k in investment from Rangers fans. The money was never invested in the club and the RST claims to have refunded investors. If the money was never invested, what was the point of the scheme? What happened to the money between investment and refund?

The RST Gersave scheme allegedly raised £92k in investment from Rangers fans. The money was never invested in the club and the RST claims to have refunded investors. If the money was never invested, what was the point of the scheme? What happened to the money between investment and refund?

I already have that question in various forms. When I write up the list of questions we will be proposing, please check I got all your points in :)

Can I ask who you asked?

"of course there will always be folk who believe there is and no amount if discussion or denial will convince them otherwise" even those who may know otherwise ? (not me but you seem pretty certain of the opposite view)

Edit* Could I also just throw in...the RST chairman from "2010-Present" do you think he is "linked between the two"? - Hint, the answer is yes....and thats off the top of my head

Is that so, can you explain then Ace how Data Protection Laws are broken when RST mailing lists are used to sell a fanzine from £ollow £ollow?

Again, not sure how to answer that, but I will try.

Possibly it would be too difficult.

But in future could you be a bit more careful when wording questions to me. I am easily confused and can't figure out whether 'yes' or 'no' is the answer to your question.

Alternatively don't bother asking.

Bit early to be drinking to excess

What is RST policy with regard to Scottish media outlets, i.e. does the RST back calls for its members to boycott the Daily Record & Sunday Mail? If so, why did an RST board member give the Record an interview two weeks ago?

Please re read the first line of my response:

"I made the post thinking that as you had answered (seemingly) on behalf of the RST that you ......... "

I can rephrase it:

"I made the post thinking that as you had answered (seemingly), with a question, on behalf of the RST that you ........."

What do I have to say to end this stream of drivel?