Charles Green Does Not Own Rangers.....

Faircity

I waited all night for a guess again mate, not happy :(

Please stop guessing and do the fact thing ffs

Where's the guesswork? Part of it is my opinion on how the club should have been run and the rest is the consequences of how the club has actually been run. The only part that could be even remotely considered guessing is the part about what the IPO money has been spent. It has been widely reported that the club is running at a loss, and that only £7-8m remains of the £22m raised. What has that been spent on if not on absorbing losses? I think you would struggle to attribute £15m of expenditure to anything else.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No the point is we are told the wages bill has been reduced, you are stating the opposite without any figures by simply surmising i.e. speculating, which is fair enough it is a discussion board.

Yet many high-profile professional investment institutions are concerned enough about the state of the club to demand change. There must be some driving force behind this.

That may be so, but McCoist isn't responsible for maintaining the financial health of the club. If a prudent approach had been taken, McCoist would have been told that he couldn't get however many players he wanted and the reason for it. After all, if he started getting irritated about Green or whoever else imposing financial restrictions, his own salary would have made him look a bit of a hypocrite.

At the end of the day, it's the CEO who approves the contracts and the CEO could have said no and that would have been it, there would have been nothing McCoist could have done.

Would you at least accept that if McCoist had been denied what he wanted then it would have been used as another stick by some to beat the board with?

Where's the guesswork? Part of it is my opinion on how the club should have been run and the rest is the consequences of how the club has actually been run. The only part that could be even remotely considered guessing is the part about what the IPO money has been spent. It has been widely reported that the club is running at a loss, and that only £7-8m remains of the £22m raised. What has that been spent on if not on absorbing losses? I think you would struggle to attribute £15m of expenditure to anything else.

Your opinion - guesswork

Shite - Jobby

It's all guesswork, it's not your opinion as opinions are based on fact and you don't have any mate.

Was expecting something from you but you have just read those figures in a paper and stuck them in your post :)

Your opinion - guesswork

Shite - Jobby

It's all guesswork, it's not your opinion as opinions are based on fact and you don't have any mate.

Was expecting something from you but you have just read those figures in a paper and stuck them in your post :)

Opinion:

1. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The figures are taken from Richard Wilson's articles, who has been bang on consistently throughout the mess this year and last.

Opinion:

1. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The figures are taken from Richard Wilson's articles, who has been bang on consistently throughout the mess this year and last.

Your posts are not base on knowledge or fact.

Yes I agree mate :)

Your posts are not base on knowledge or fact.

Yes I agree mate :)

I have never claimed to have inside knowledge, my info comes from the same places as everyone else. However, I think the process I outlined (my opinion) would have been a more appropriate way to handle the club's journey back to the top league.

No it is my firmly held opinion, Malky doyen of the Institutions primed the malcontents from what I was told and I have no reason to believe it.

Well if you've no reason to believe it why are you posting it? :pipe:

These investment firms wouldn't dance to Malcolm Murray's tune because of a personal vendetta or whatever else, they would only take action if they had genuine concerns.

I have never claimed to have inside knowledge, my info comes from the same places as everyone else. However, I think the process I outlined (my opinion) would have been a more appropriate way to handle the club's journey back to the top league.

Yes you are like us all, guessing.

At least I admit it

I don't comprehend why the Rangers support are so fixated with Charles and how he supposedly 'saved' our club. Hes a dodgy, dodgy character and his association with the Easedales doesn't exactly put my mind to rest. He did not 'save' our club, he never done it single-handedly so why does he deserve the plaudits? The fact he was outed as a front for Craig Whyte to own Rangers or whatever the tabloids reported doesn't exactly help fight his corner. In my opinion, he's bad for the club and the quicker he sells his share the better.

Am I not allowed to say how I think the club should have been run? Am I not allowed to put forward my ideas of how things could have been done better?

Of course you are, like the rest of us. But last night you said you were going into more "detail" this morning but all you did was go into more guesswork.

Don't dress up guesswork as anything else, that's my point

Of course you are, like the rest of us. But last night you said you were going into more "detail" this morning but all you did was go into more guesswork.

Don't dress up guesswork as anything else, that's my point

You seem to have misunderstood. Going into more detail referred to expanding on what I meant when I said that I thought the club could have been run better.

I don't comprehend why the Rangers support are so fixated with Charles and how he supposedly 'saved' our club. Hes a dodgy, dodgy character and his association with the Easedales doesn't exactly put my mind to rest. He did not 'save' our club, he never done it single-handedly so why does he deserve the plaudits? The fact he was outed as a front for Craig Whyte to own Rangers or whatever the tabloids reported doesn't exactly help fight his corner. In my opinion, he's bad for the club and the quicker he sells his share the better.

You say 'he never done it single handedly'.

You appear to have a serious disdain for the English language. That aside,your comment by implication is that, whilst not being the only person involved in saving the club, that he did play a significant participatory role..

I blame the school system.

You say 'he never done it single handedly'.

You appear to have a serious disdain for the English language. That aside,your comment by implication is that, whilst not being the only person involved in saving the club, that he did play a significant participatory role..

I blame the school system.

Read my post back to myself there and noticed my mistake. But yes, in a nutshell, your correct.

Well if you've no reason to believe it why are you posting it? :pipe:

These investment firms wouldn't dance to Malcolm Murray's tune because of a personal vendetta or whatever else, they would only take action if they had genuine concerns.

As you are no doubt aware a typo as you can see, and yes the institutions do listen to Malky why do you think they invested ?

As you are no doubt aware a typo as you can see, and yes the institutions do listen to Malky why do you think they invested ?

I know it was a typo hence the emoticon (tu). I just don't think he could mobilise the amount of backing he has purely on the fact he doesn't like Green. For me, these institutions only take this action if they are worried about their investment, and if they are worried about their investment then something must be wrong.

I know it was a typo hence the emoticon (tu). I just don't think he could mobilise the amount of backing he has purely on the fact he doesn't like Green. For me, these institutions only take this action if they are worried about their investment, and if they are worried about their investment then something must be wrong.

No argument there, however someone would have to inform them or tell them to be worried that would be Malky.

The reason he is so popular with some is that the support took so much stick during the years of 'dignified silence', some fans will rally around anyone who creates the impression that he is fighting back for them. It was the same during the early weeks of Whyte. Equally the fans are untrustworthy towards anyone with any connection to the Murray years - even the likes of AJ who wasn't around during he excesses but clearly played a role in reducing the debt during the later years. A lot of people don't really assess events logically while they happen, let alone think about the implications for the future. They react to media soundbites and judge things by the apparent results. So the fact that Charles Green is asking for 14m and billionaire McColl won't stump up the cash yet again is enough for them. The same people will be screaming about Charles the con man and wondering why it was allowed to happen if the club does run into problems in the months ahead. I suppose that ideally, we would have a wealthy Scottish businessman of good repute with no connection to the Murray years that was prepared to overpay by millions of pounds for the greater good of the club. Such a person doesn't exist though and people have to accept that.