Barcelona Here We Come

BarneyRabble

Last photo from 1972 folks. This was taken on the Thursday after the game, again at Tibidabo. There were a lot of Spanish tourists visiting the church which is apparently very famous. The ordinary Spanish were great with us. This is the only photo I have of all 11 of us. That old Land Rover we had hired was a bit of a squeeze with our bags included.

rangersmedia-1380187348-U52920.jpg

I was on holiday in the south of France this year and I took my wife and daughter on a day trip to Barcelona. I drove back up to the same place where I had stayed in '72. I've been back to Barca since then but hadn't been back to the hotel. I can tell you my eyes were watering with emotion, it brought it all back, more so than at the ground. This is the view from the hotel.

rangersmedia-1380188136-U52920.jpg

There's probably some recently departed ex Barcelona taxi driver whose family will be going through his belongings (a Spanish house clearance) and they'll maybe happen on to an old Kodak box camera (circa 1970's) with the film still to be developed...and if they bother to get said film developed it will show many photo's like the ones in this thread....but with me in them.

If said ex taxi driver's family are reading this thread....could you send me my photo's please.

You can keep the camera.

Cheers,

CB