Rangers 6 Aberdeen 1 - 1969 at Parkhead.

The Widow's Son

I know I was there but don't recall why the game was played at Parkhead. Don't recall the scorers at all, in fact don't recall much of the game. It was a Scottish Cup tie. At one point, I had a commemorative journal published by the Daily Record. Can any of the older bears please remind me of this game? I was drinking heavily at this age and stage of my life.

Attended the 1969 Scottish Cup Final too but don't recall too much. Maybe just as well.

Semi final, of Scottish Cup. We played Aberdeen at the dump while they played Morton (I think) at Hampden. Think it was one of these things when one of RFC or them get drawn to play at Mount Florida and the other has to play at an "away" ground. The games were both played on same day and same time. The crowd was given as 66k but I've never been in that tip when it was more crowded. We were all convinced that there were thousands more at the game. We hammered the sheep 6 - 1 with wee Bud getting 3 Penman 2 and wee Willie the other.

Was at the game with my dad. Two things stick in the memory. First was the absolute bedlam at the turnstiles trying to enter the phiggery. Pushing and shoving was so bad I actually witnessed my dad lose his temper, which was a very rare event. Second was the superb hat-trick from wee Bud. We were stood behined the goals just beside one of the large metal pylons used for the floodlights. I remember wee Bud curling a shot into the top ocorner of the Aberdeen goal. Great memories indeed.