Supporters Direct meeting

Carsons Dog

Can I ask a serious question? Who are WATP magazine? I thought there were only two magazines on the radar Number One and the other one! :-)? Seems weird that it isn't (eg Number One) who are taking the lead here as they'll probably get to a wider audience as they are already well established?

Either way, good luck with this endeavour. Not for me personally but getting bears together AND the word "transparency" being used will be a welcome change from recent shenanigans.

WATP Magazine is a periodical Magazine written by Rangers Fans for Rangers Fans. Launched late last year our ethos is to promote Rangers and The Rangers Support.

We have contributors from all sections of The Rangers Support.

We are a Magazine as opposed to a fanzine and are delighted to have the opportunity to report on this meeting - we will be independent and thorough.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a joint venture between Andrew Brewster & the Louden Tavern. It has a range of contributors including a few mods from here, Dougie & Alex. Also D'Art is a contributor along with guys from CRO & TRS. I wrote a couple of articles about the AGM which had no opinions in them, just facts. The message of the magazine is OneRangers, NoFactions and anybody who has read it I'm sure will agree.

If the CRO/TRS guys are anything to do at all with WATP magazine then personaly I'll pass.

The WATP magazine people from what i read and saw back in December are in the main the guys who wanted the Board out and backed the Requisitioners. (tu)

We as a magazine tried to stay out of the Boardroom issues - we had some articles but they were mainly informative.

Our motto is One Rangers, No Factions. That is the ideal we work towards.

We as a magazine tried to stay out of the Boardroom issues - we had some articles but they were mainly informative.

Our motto is One Rangers, No Factions. That is the ideal we work towards.

If you have any dealings with the CRO/TRS and particularly furry and print anything from these poisonous, divisive cunts then imho you are supporting a 'faction'.

Oh that's not so good. Dont know a lot about them as I previously said, but I'd be really disappointed if this was yet another route to engage the fans and attack the current board by stealth.

I'll say no more as I dont have the facts and maybe the guys from WATP/SD thingy etc can share their vision and hopes?

For the record, not a dig at specific folks as I dont know enough about WATP as I said

We have no intention of attacking the board on the back of this meeting.

We are going with an open mind and will report what is discussed in an unbiased way.

If you have any dealings with the CRO/TRS and particularly furry and print anything from these poisonous, divisive cunts then imho you are supporting a 'faction'.

I disagree, the Rangers Support is a broad Church. We might have various opinions and thoughts on what is best for our Club but we are United by the fact that we are all Rangers Supporters.

I understand I won't change your mind with this. But as I said, I am proud of our output

I disagree, the Rangers Support is a broad Church. We might have various opinions and thoughts on what is best for our Club but we are United by the fact that we are all Rangers Supporters.

I understand I won't change your mind with this. But as I said, I am proud of our output

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster_Suck View Post

Sadly Robert there are those who lied and deceived their fellow Board members and betrayed the trust put in them by the members who are peddling assorted lies.

The Trust did not sit on it's hands - when we waited patiently for the CIC Group to report it's findings - I don't mean a flimsy graph and "we are working hard" - I mean a range of options with the pros and cons and the outline of any scheme. That is what they were tasked to do and what they singularly failed to do.

I repeat again - it was only the other Monday they announced that they were running off to do something on their own.

Regarding minutes and emails - if you read this thread you'll see that assertions were made in favour of this group asserting that things were said and done or put in emails - I merely responded to them.

I believe most fans when they examine the facts will be horrified at the behaviour of some of the ex-Trust board members.

The response from Mr Marshall...

"I repeat again - it was only the other Monday they announced that they were running off to do something on their own. " - Was that not a meeting with Members of the RST Board - So how do you know what happened? Someone must have told you. Proving my earlier point that people are passing confidential information to people that have no official reason for being told. I'm a member of RST, why have I not been told. The last email I had was wishing me a Merry Christmas.

Now this meeting is going ahead. This scheme is being heard. I think the Rangers Support at large will be delighted that something is attempting to be done.

All I have asked is that we go with an open mind.

I've not got time to do this today, we have a match afterall and they pies and rolls don't deliver themselves - I've known you too long to fall out with you over this - I think you are wrong in the way you have approached this. You may have the right opinion about certain individuals, I don't know (as I keep saying) but I think your constant repetition of the same point is doing nothing to further the debate only to narrow it.

Anyways, I will see you tonight - you can park the Bentley outside the pub (all that RST money starting to show)

Taking the smilies out the bit at the end of the last quote :)

Their are quite a few on here who have witnessed furrys attention seeking antics first hand.

I understand and fully agree that the Rangers support is a broad church, BUT in saying that certain poisonous elements need 'cut out' to allow the fanbase to unite and move forward.

To that very small group I would most certainly add CRO guys, furry and dungwallet.

Great Post from Amms on gersnet i think we all should consider..............

Too many of us want someone else to run Rangers. Too many of us want someone else to carry that burden, hopefully someone very rich too. We can blame factionalism in our support, unhappiness with how the RST has been run, personalities involved in various groups or find reasons to explain how fan ownership can't work. But then we can't complain when things go to hell. Can we really complain about the people running our club if we aren't willing to do it ourselves?

How do we judge success? What do we want from Rangers? Do we care what the share price is?

The football bubble will burst, nothing is surer, economics tell us this if we care to look. When it does there will be casualties, the clubs who are stable both fiscally and politically will be the most likely to survive that. So I'd argue it is in our best long term interests to own our club, to have a say in how it is run, to be keeping a watchful eye on things.

Remember, no one else cares, nobody else gives a damn about our club, only us. Why entrust it to people who don't share our values or dreams?

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?61608-Supporters-Direct-chief-calls-on-Rangers-fans-to-unite/page7

Their are quite a few on here who have witnessed furrys attention seeking antics first hand.

I understand and fully agree that the Rangers support is a broad church, BUT in saying that certain poisonous elements need 'cut out' to allow the fanbase to unite and move forward.

To that very small group I would most certainly add CRO guys, furry and dungwallet.

I know it is not a popular opinion on here - but I take people as I find them. And any dealings I have had with Chris Graham have been positive. I think he is a likeable lad, although a touch posh for my upbringing and as has been mentioned his wife doesn't support the same team as mine but that isn't really relevant to how big a Rangers man he is. Whenever we have spoken about Rangers I believe he comes across as wanting what is in his opinion what is best for Rangers. He drinks in our pub and goes to the games - he can't be that bad.

I have a degree of sympathy with boys like Chris, it is easy for someone to get the wrong end of the stick when they don't know you. I'm sure a few VB boys get bad press that isn't warranted as well For instance, on here and FF a while ago I was a lefty Scottish Nationalist who doesn't attend games and shouldn't be allowed to a supporters meeting because I don't care about Rangers, only money. For the record, I have always been a Thatcherite, I have had a season ticket since 1971 and I care about both Rangers and money :)

Anyways I need to go work - Big game tonight. Looking forward to it!

Taking the smilies out the bit at the end of the last quote :)

Wasn't intentional.

I think your joke also wasted it as he needs put in his place. You as an RST member know very little of what goes on within the RST where as ex-board members and even non members know a hell of a lot according to what they put up on FF.

Will it just be SD guys speaking at this meeting or will the former board members of the RST speak also? You seem to have had dialogue with all of these people recently.

Wasn't intentional.

I think your joke also wasted it as he needs put in his place. You as an RST member know very little of what goes on within the RST where as ex-board members and even non members know a hell of a lot according to what they put up on FF.

Will it just be SD guys speaking at this meeting or will the former board members of the RST speak also? You seem to have had dialogue with all of these people recently.

To put my RST membership in context - I joined them a few months ago when they had minutes of meetings with I think Paul Murray for members only and I wanted to read them. Never been to meeting or been involved with anything. Though they have asked The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium to sponsor their annual dinner (for full disclosure).

I think every member (a legal term) should have access to all minutes of their organisation's meetings. I don't think that harm anyone.

The meeting is SD led and as far as I know it will only be a couple of people speaking and answering questions. I think I am right in saying that no former RST people will be centre stage at this meeting they will be going as normal fans. The key thing about this meeting seems to be transparency, everyone who is going can ask anything they want. I hope they keep on topic.

Anyone can ask me anything they want about this and I will answer anything I can - I have signed a confidentiality agreement and I don't think I have broken it with anything I have released.

Need to get back to work so not sure when I will be back on but I will be back on. If anyone wants to speak to me about it I will be at the pub tonight.

To put my RST membership in context - I joined them a few months ago when they had minutes of meetings with I think Paul Murray for members only and I wanted to read them. Never been to meeting or been involved with anything. Though they have asked The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium to sponsor their annual dinner (for full disclosure).

I think every member (a legal term) should have access to all minutes of their organisation's meetings. I don't think that harm anyone.

The meeting is SD led and as far as I know it will only be a couple of people speaking and answering questions. I think I am right in saying that no former RST people will be centre stage at this meeting they will be going as normal fans. The key thing about this meeting seems to be transparency, everyone who is going can ask anything they want. I hope they keep on topic.

Anyone can ask me anything they want about this and I will answer anything I can - I have signed a confidentiality agreement and I don't think I have broken it with anything I have released.

Need to get back to work so not sure when I will be back on but I will be back on. If anyone wants to speak to me about it I will be at the pub tonight.

Thanks. I agree with your opinion on the Trust. I tell members of it stuff and they wonder how I know. They don't use the forums so are clueless on the goings on.

From what I have saw on twitter today I get the impression that its as you believe the SD guys doing the talking and any ex-rst board members will be there as part of the audience.

I know it is not a popular opinion on here - but I take people as I find them. And any dealings I have had with Chris Graham have been positive. I think he is a likeable lad, although a touch posh for my upbringing and as has been mentioned his wife doesn't support the same team as mine but that isn't really relevant to how big a Rangers man he is. Whenever we have spoken about Rangers I believe he comes across as wanting what is in his opinion what is best for Rangers. He drinks in our pub and goes to the games - he can't be that bad.

I have a degree of sympathy with boys like Chris, it is easy for someone to get the wrong end of the stick when they don't know you. I'm sure a few VB boys get bad press that isn't warranted as well For instance, on here and FF a while ago I was a lefty Scottish Nationalist who doesn't attend games and shouldn't be allowed to a supporters meeting because I don't care about Rangers, only money. For the record, I have always been a Thatcherite, I have had a season ticket since 1971 and I care about both Rangers and money :)

Anyways I need to go work - Big game tonight. Looking forward to it!

Have you seen Furrys attacks on Willhelm on twitter?