A bit of perspective from 2 years ago

whytes3

The week after the last game of the football season is always the most depressing for me. It is generally the start of about 8-10 weeks of getting dragged round IKEA and the like by the missus on a Saturday afternoon as the solid gold alibi of the match has deserted me.

I've had a few moans this season about some of the football we have played, the quality of some of our squad (or lack thereof), the quality of our management and coaches (or lack thereof), our inability to win cup compettiions and the difficulties the club has faced off the pitch. At the same time there have been some good highlights on the pitch and with every seaosn, a number of great days out goign along to the matches, taking in the atmosphere, having a few beers an d a sing song.

All in all though I think it is the most exhausted I have felt by the end of a season, particularly because of all that is goign on off the pitch. There is so much uncertainty surrounding the direction of the club and I don't think our support has ever been more divided.

This got me thinking to the last game of the seaosn back in 2012. We ended the seaosn in good style with a victory up in Perth and players (many who turned out to be traitos) and support applauded each other for us simply getting this far along the road after the devastation of administration a few months earlier. We all went our separate ways after the game and in the weeks that followed the increased sense of uncertainyy began to set in as to wheterht we would have a team to cheeer on in the new season as the vultures at Hampden, Parkhead, Tannadice, etc set about trying to kill our club.

We did however get through tha to kick off the 12/13 season and whiolst I wasn't at brechin I do remember almost runnign into Ibrox a few days later to watch us line up against East Fife. The atmosphere that evenign was electric as our support gathered once again to watch the club we love, having genuinely feared that moment would never come again.

Since then we have travelled a bumpy road, spilling over £70 million out of our back pocket. The current set up isn't perfect and whether your pro-board, anti-board, pro-King, anti King, a cominbation of these or none of these, I don't think anyone quite knows the answer in terms of where the right way forward is yet.

However, regardless of your views on the board, the manager, Bilel Mohsni's mis-directed passing or anything else, one thing is for certain - we all love this club and our agreements and disagreements stem formt he passion we have for it.

So, whether you are on either side of the fence or sitting on it (and getting splineters in your arse), remember 2 years ago and howamazing it felt to be back in ibrox cheering on the team. That is what being a supporter is all about and for that reason, let's buy every season ticket available and be there to cheer the team back to the top flight!

WATP

Well said. I would consider myself well and truly perched on the fence but I won't be changing how I support the club financially. Agree with the board or not but starving the club of funds and support is a very dangerous game.

Good post, OP

Cheers - I think now that the seaosn is over it has just been good to take stock of where we are and what it is that really matters about supporting this club

This has been my internal struggle for the past 2 years, I would have bitten your hand off just to be able to watch Rangers no matter who we played or how shite it was, but a the same time im tired of the dross weve been watching. Many Bears obviously feel the same way, 2 years ago we'd have been happy with what weve got now but having lived through it changes ones opinion.