Rangers' signing policy

papaguy51

Had a rather heated argument about this on holiday last week with a few of the lads.

Our signing policy..bidding a relatively small amount and going up in small percentages. Do you think its a biscuit tin method, or do you think the club are saving themselves a fair bit of money this way?

I'm undecided. While I understand that targets may get away as other clubs will come in with the required bid straight away, I see clubs jump in with silly money (Brown to Celtic) and can't help think 'Thank god we didn't do that'.

If we get Cuellar and Naismith, we will have paid nearly £1.5 million less than the clubs originally wanted. Is this not good business sense?

Had a rather heated argument about this on holiday last week with a few of the lads.

Our signing policy..bidding a relatively small amount and going up in small percentages. Do you think its a biscuit tin method, or do you think the club are saving themselves a fair bit of money this way?

I'm undecided. While I understand that targets may get away as other clubs will come in with the required bid straight away, I see clubs jump in with silly money (Brown to Celtic) and can't help think 'Thank god we didn't do that'.

If we get Cuellar and Naismith, we will have paid nearly £1.5 million less than the clubs originally wanted. Is this not good business sense?

Excuse me but why are you using phrases that are related to the scum....we are in this position due to one reason only and thats because of Murrays mis-management :pipegreen:

Excuse me but why are you using phrases that are related to the scum....we are in this position due to one reason only and thats because of Murrays mis-management :pipegreen:

Many Rangers fans have seen the latest signing policy as 'biscuit tin', we can't get away from that.

Not to say I agree with them.

Many Rangers fans have seen the latest signing policy as 'biscuit tin', we can't get away from that.

Not to say I agree with them.

Its gony take a long time tae educate you.....

Thats the scum trying to tag us with that term real Rangers fans dont associate with anything related to them and if you have pals who use terms related to them they need to be educated too

Jumping in with a big fat fee as your first offer is maddnes.

But in a negotiation you have to make a reasonable starting offer to get the process rolling, once rolling you can see that the Rangers team ARE skilled negotiators ( a view that a lot wont share) They may have learned a few hard lessons along the way, the main one being NO deal is better than a bad deal, and we have had a few bad deals over the years.

So here's hoping that Bain has learned his lessons, it certainly looks like it from here.

If at the end of the day you get your target then all's fine, but if like the Naismith and other bids you get nowhere and your bid is so low to be ridiculous then all you do is give yourself a bad reputation.

It depends on how things work out. If we get the people for cheap, that is a good piece of business. If we don't get them...it is not. My personal opinion is that it is not because to succeed next season we need improvement. To blame not succeeding on not landing our targets is just a cop out.