McCulloch £2.5 Million - are we really gonna...

Astonishing to say the least...I bet he cant beleive we are prepared to pay that for him

If we ever get a interest in Boydie we must demand 20 million minımum

Astonishing to say the least...I bet he cant beleive we are prepared to pay that for him

If we ever get a interest in Boydie we must demand 20 million minımum

He's a decent enough player (for Scotland) and when he's not injured he'll likely do well (providing he cools the beans) but i reckon under £1 Million would be sufficient!!!!!

Hopefully this is just speculation.. HOPEFULLY! :angry2:

...pay that?

Very Excessive from where i'm sitting - i thought the days of Rangers being taking to the cleaners were over!! :p20:

McCulloch is one of Wigan's most important players and is, despite what some think of him, an esthablished Premiership level player.

Only today Kamara moved from West Brom to Fulham for 6.5 million and yesterday Earnshaw moved to Derby for 3.5 million. These are guys who struggled last time they played in the Premeirship, yet they are still commanding massive fee's.

Wigan could easily demand somewhere around about four million for McCulloch and some teams would happily pay it, so getting him for 2.5 million is far from excessive if you consider the English market at the moment.

...pay that?

Very Excessive from where i'm sitting - i thought the days of Rangers being taking to the cleaners were over!! :p20:

McCulloch is one of Wigan's most important players and is, despite what some think of him, an esthablished Premiership level player.

Only today Kamara moved from West Brom to Fulham for 6.5 million and yesterday Earnshaw moved to Derby for 3.5 million. These are guys who struggled last time they played in the Premeirship, yet they are still commanding massive fee's.

Wigan could easily demand somewhere around about four million for McCulloch and some teams would happily pay it, so getting him for 2.5 million is far from excessive if you consider the English market at the moment.

Not excessive for English Clubs (bearing in mind those TV deals etc) but for Rangers to pay out £2.5 Million on a budget that's (to say the least) meagre (by comparison to the Tims) i think it's WAY OVER WHAT WE SHOULD BE PAYING FOR ANYONE LIKE HIM - BEARING IN MIND WHAT HE'LL DO FOR US!

Bearing in mind the financial constraints we're under we have to be very tight when it comes to 'splashing cash'!!

i will be really pissed off if we pay that sort of money for him. This is one of the reasons we are so skint. We pay over the odds for AVERAGE players and then sell our players off on the cheap. We got something daft like £1m for ricksen and £500k for zurab when he went to blackburn yet we are going to pay £2.5m for mcculloch a player with a handful of international caps at the age of 29 and a couple of seasons in the epl with an average side. Blackburn paid £2.5m for benni mccarthy FFS. How the hell can mcculloch be worth the same. I didnt expect us to be spending much money this summer but £2.5m of mcculloch would be bad enough if we had £25m to spend but i reckon we have about £10m max and to spend 25% of that on an average 29yr old with no european experience is ridiculous. As for boydie, if we were to sell him that muppet bain would probably accept less than £2m :angry2:

i will be really pissed off if we pay that sort of money for him. This is one of the reasons we are so skint. We pay over the odds for AVERAGE players and then sell our players off on the cheap. We got something daft like £1m for ricksen and £500k for zurab when he went to blackburn yet we are going to pay £2.5m for mcculloch a player with a handful of international caps at the age of 29 and a couple of seasons in the epl with an average side. Blackburn paid £2.5m for benni mccarthy FFS. How the hell can mcculloch be worth the same. I didnt expect us to be spending much money this summer but £2.5m of mcculloch would be bad enough if we had £25m to spend but i reckon we have about £10m max and to spend 25% of that on an average 29yr old with no european experience is ridiculous. As for boydie, if we were to sell him that muppet bain would probably accept less than £2m :angry2:

Zurab - If they sell him now to a EPL club they'd get much more than £500K and Ricksen (a favourite of mine) i reckon an EPL club would have him punted at 4 or 5 Million (after a couple of seasons playing there).

It's scandalous that we are such poor dealers in the transfer market!! :p20:

McCulloch has been very unimpressive playing for Scotland and an international cap in recent years has been given to many, as Fish would say, donkeys.

I must say I have never seen him look to be any quality in premiership highlights either and certainly not enough to think of spending that much money on.

McCulloch has been very unimpressive playing for Scotland and an international cap in recent years has been given to many, as Fish would say, donkeys.

I must say I have never seen him look to be any quality in premiership highlights either and certainly not enough to think of spending that much money on.

Correct...can anybody honestly say they have saw him sticking out in any of the matches he played for Wigan when he wasnt injured

The least said the better about Scotland.....2.5 million feckin shocking

had a quick browse as a wigan website and the general opinion is that 2.5m is a great piece of business for them, I don't for one second believe we bidded that if we only placed a bid of around £700.000 6 months ago!!!!

If this transfer goes thru i reckon it will be an undisclosed fee to save the face of one club , the question is which?

had a quick browse as a wigan website and the general opinion is that 2.5m is a great piece of business for them, I don't for one second believe we bidded that if we only placed a bid of around £700.000 6 months ago!!!!

If this transfer goes thru i reckon it will be an undisclosed fee to save the face of one club , the question is which?

If its an undisclosed fee then that will be 10 million and he will be the last signing

Feckin frightning so it is :lol: