Just a thought

I don,t know what Claudio Reyna is doing now, is he still playing somewhere?

The reason I ask is, with DeM. Beasley on the books and Reyna still a bit of a legend

in the good old US of A, does any one see any advantage in SDM appointing Reyna as

a North American "supremo" in charge of marketing/scouting for the club.

Reyna is still a big name in the states and,now that we have Beasley, we could open up the

American market and promote the club name.

Football is an ever growing sport in USA,particularly at high school level,and I see that the USA

U19 have just thrashed Poland 6-1. That indicates a level of talent at that level,and if we can trade on Reyna,s and Beasleys names then we can possibly expand the clubs brand beyond the coaching schools we are already operating.

I think that is a scenario worth looking at(assuming Reyna has no other commitments).

Reyna was one of the reasons Beasley signed for us and his reputation might just be enough to push a few other kids in our direction as well as selling a few jerseys.

Anyone else think that is an avenue worth exploring?

Reyna currently plays (and captains) Red Bull New York in the MLS...

I'm sure he will be utilised by the club on an unofficial consultancy basis if and when required. Hopefully more so when he does retire.

Was gonna confirm as Frankie has that he's plying his trade in the states now. Football (soccer) is now the most widely used sport in USA colleges and it will only get better. Also at present most of the players in the MLS receive peanuts wages wise in comparison to europe so at least if we are on the ball and identify talent we should be able to compete. Hopefully the type of forward and strategic thinking that you mentioned is going on behind the scenes?

Reyna may be a star in the ‘Soccer world’ over there, but that doesn’t make him a marketing or scouting expert. It’s a good idea, if he was qualified and able.

I don,t know what Claudio Reyna is doing now, is he still playing somewhere?

The reason I ask is, with DeM. Beasley on the books and Reyna still a bit of a legend

in the good old US of A, does any one see any advantage in SDM appointing Reyna as

a North American "supremo" in charge of marketing/scouting for the club.

Reyna is still a big name in the states and,now that we have Beasley, we could open up the

American market and promote the club name.

Football is an ever growing sport in USA,particularly at high school level,and I see that the USA

U19 have just thrashed Poland 6-1. That indicates a level of talent at that level,and if we can trade on Reyna,s and Beasleys names then we can possibly expand the clubs brand beyond the coaching schools we are already operating.

I think that is a scenario worth looking at(assuming Reyna has no other commitments).

Reyna was one of the reasons Beasley signed for us and his reputation might just be enough to push a few other kids in our direction as well as selling a few jerseys.

Anyone else think that is an avenue worth exploring?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::craphead: