my take on this season

Gooseman

At the beginning of every season I am always optimistic about how we will perform, and this year was no different.  At the point I have to hold my hands up and say I was, initially at least, not convinced that Mark Warburton was the right man for the job.  His lack of managerial experience was for me a huge downside.  However that soon disappeared as we overwhelmed Hibs 6 -2 in the first competitive game this season.  I realised that I was wrong and I am not ashamed to admit as much.

This season has been outstanding, our style of football is second to none in this country, out players are fitter and hungrier than every other this side of Hadrian’s wall.

I know that there are some detractors that will say that it is expected considering our budget is the second biggest in the country and we are playing part timers.  If I am honest I think that this was just a warm up lap, next season we will see a far more clinical, leaner and hungrier team.  Our overall brand of football won’t change, we will play a fast paced passing game and I would imagine that 90% of sides we will face in the top division will not be able to handle this.

Our biggest test will come on the 17th of this month in the cup final, we will silence all of our critics by winning this game.  We know that the gap between us and them is not big, so the questions needs to be asked, how will Celtic compete with us?  On the current showings I doubt that they could over a full season.