Some pictures found on an old memory stick

Virtuoso

20 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Hard to believe it's almost 40 years.

A stadium so good even bitter tims like Gerry McNee had to approve lol. I remember him saying on Scotsport that the day it was opened to the press he walked up to the back row of the Copland to see what the view was like and he said it was perfect :pipe:

Absolutely fascinating, brilliant post! If anyone else has anything like this then please post. 

Interesting reasons for not having a bowl design. Seems to be mainly cost related, but also to optimise the gradient of the stands and have them as close as possible to the pitch. 

Interesting as well how getting the stands as close as possible to the pitch was a key design feature. Also they were sure the design of the stands would be good for the acoustics. They got a lot right! 

It cost £10mill at the time, money well spent. I know times change but give me ibrox stadium every time over the bland bowl shaped stadia being built now. I'd be in favour of building stands again in the future, probably cheaper too.