Some pictures found on an old memory stick

Virtuoso

Have you any more "ahem", "interesting pics" on there OP you could maybe post in the OT section ?

Seriously , great pics, amazing how those steel supports keep such a huge expanse of roof up. Especially when we are all doing the "Bouncy"........:21:

A family member of mine was a shareholder at the time of the proposed redevelopment. There were far fewer shareholders back then. Apparently they had planned to make Ibrox a 30k stadium, but some objectors (my family member being one) managed to persuade those that needed persuading to increase it to above 40k.

I had a season ticket for the Govan stand, it was called a Govan Stand Rover ticket, whereby you could sit on any seat you liked that was available, a sort of first come, first served basis. I loved the blue seats when they were installed and still do, but looking back the multi coloured seats were cool as fuck and very appropriate for the style of the late 70s ,early 80s.

9 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I had a season ticket for the Govan stand, it was called a Govan Stand Rover ticket, whereby you could sit on any seat you liked that was available, a sort of first come, first served basis. I loved the blue seats when they were installed and still do, but looking back the multi coloured seats were cool as fuck and very appropriate for the style of the late 70s ,early 80s.

Spoke about this to a work mate about 20 years ago and he said it wasn't possible to just walk in and find a seat. It musta been down to smaller crowds then. Older brother and myself had the Rover Ticket and thought it covered the whole ground. :541: