Chances missed

harry handsome

Watched the game last night and we made several really good chances to take the game early but i noticed a couple of things that need rectified and could help us.

We play 433 which means we rely on the centre forward to get on the end of crosses in the box, i watched Garner's movement in the build up to these chances and he has come short in the middle of the park lays it off then has to work his bollocks off to get back into position, he was there but ever so slightly late if he didn't have to do that work he would possibly have a better chance of being in position on time, it also allows our wingers to ping and early ball in rather than waiting for a late run from him. In essence he is doing the work but we are asking too much of him, having a second striker or pulling the opposite winger into the box at the back post would allow him to make the front post run. You get two chances at a cross ball in that situation rater than one. We are getting plenty ball but we have very little to play it in to at the moment.

Im not a big 442 fan but it's 4321 or 442 for me at the moment, Garner has to drop deep to take the ball because we are so stretched in the middle, playing the 2 a little narrower supports the 3 in the middle and brings the striker into the game, if the ball goes right then the left winger becomes a more central striking option to back our lone striker up.

Anyway hope that makes sense and isn't seen as negative, i was after the last game as it was the worst game I've seen a Rangers team produce, this week was better.

Agree about the changing to two up top during a game to see if Garner would be better. He looks more suited to being a poacher. Was supposed to be good in the air and like crosses. But he rarely takes a chance and often fails to reach the ball like you said. But I think it's just because the lad just isn't good enough to be a prolific main striker in this league. Hopefully he proves me wrong but can't see it unless we changed our system to two up front to see if he does better.

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Agree about the changing to two up top during a game to see if Garner would be better. He looks more suited to being a poacher. Was supposed to be good in the air and like crosses. But he rarely takes a chance and often fails to reach the ball like you said. But I think it's just because the lad just isn't good enough to be a prolific main striker in this league. Hopefully he proves me wrong but can't see it unless we changed our system to two up front to see if he does better.

Yip, what we both see is the need for a second body in there.

2 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Wish i was Warburton.

He must see our forums n think fs i must try this. 

Has anyone heard of patience?

Or is everyone a superstar manager in the making 

:drugang:

If your having a pop no worries, are we not allowed an opinion on how we play?

2 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Wish i was Warburton.

He must see our forums n think fs i must try this. 

Has anyone heard of patience?

Or is everyone a superstar manager in the making 

:drugang:

Don't consider myself a superstar manager.I can however see that we constantly do not have anyone in the box when players hit the byline to cross the ball.

This is not anything to do with patience.This is to do with players not being in the right places at the right time.It happens again and again and again.If the vast majority of our support can see this I would expect our manager to see it also and work to improve it.

Its not rocket science.When teams break against us they bust a gut to get up and support one another.When we attack no one has that kind of drive except possibly Miller.

This leads to players having no options.running out of space,being herded by 2 or sometimes 3 opposition players or having to start the sequence of passing back which loses us so much ground every week.

But hey what do I know.I have only been watching football for 40 plus years and certainly no superstar manager.If I was I may look at this forum and think maybe I should try this.Who knows it may even work!!!