Would you want to see a priority system in cup games?

RFCRobertson

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

No it's not. It will get abused tonight. You or I could get the semi final and the final, the other could get neither. I don't see that as fair, because ....... it's not. 

Every person knows if those on cccs/priority outnumber the amount of tickets then there is a ballot. If people get lucky in a semi final then they shouldn't be excluded from a ballot for the final because of this. 

It's the fairest way and no matter how many sob stories are posted about hamsters dying etc will change that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Every person knows if those on cccs/priority outnumber the amount of tickets then there is a ballot. If people get lucky in a semi final then they shouldn't be excluded from a ballot for the final because of this. 

It's the fairest way and no matter how many sob stories are posted about hamsters dying etc will change that.

Calm doon Janet, I'm not sobbing about anything.  Just joined in a conversation giving my view that the system is not fair.  I would rather have a fair system than a lucky system. Of course, it won't change, this is the easiest option for the club, so they will keep it.

I also don't think anyone should be excluded from the ballot for a final, just that maybe the 3 or 4k that didn't get a semi, should get a final and then the ballot.  

16 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Calm doon Janet, I'm not sobbing about anything.  Just joined in a conversation giving my view that the system is not fair.  I would rather have a fair system than a lucky system. Of course, it won't change, this is the easiest option for the club, so they will keep it.

I also don't think anyone should be excluded from the ballot for a final, just that maybe the 3 or 4k that didn't get a semi, should get a final and then the ballot.  

So that means the that 3 or 4k who got a semi final ticket should miss a final? That's what you're saying? 

Say we get Dundee hibs in a semi and we get 22k with 25 on the scheme you're saying 3k who got semi tickets should miss a final because 3k didn't get lucky in a ballot?

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

So that means the that 3 or 4k who got a semi final ticket should miss a final? That's what you're saying? 

Say we get Dundee hibs in a semi and we get 22k with 25 on the scheme you're saying 3k who got semi tickets should miss a final because 3k didn't get lucky in a ballot?

Exactly that.  But, only if they went to all the previous cup games in the first place.  I think the vast majority getting both and everyone getting at least 1, is much fairer than hundreds, if not thousands getting neither.

8 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Exactly that.  But, only if they went to all the previous cup games in the first place.  I think the vast majority getting both and everyone getting at least 1, is much fairer than hundreds, if not thousands getting neither.

This only an issue because we've played them in 3(?) cup semis recently so naturally there's a higher demand for tickets.

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

This only an issue because we've played them in 3(?) cup semis recently so naturally there's a higher demand for tickets.

Possibly.  Our demand is very healthy, and long may it last.  I think we would probably get around the same allocation against teams we are most likely to play at that level.  

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

Possibly.  Our demand is very healthy, and long may it last.  I think we would probably get around the same allocation against teams we are most likely to play at that level.  

I agree, regardless of who we have in a semi we'll sell out

21 hours ago, StirlingBear72 said:

I nevee got a ticket for the semi against the taigs in the Scottish Cup but got a ticket for the final against Hibs. 

It was shite missing out on the semi but it seemed to even itself out. 

No idea how you can put something like you're suggesting in to practice

I was exactly the same, ok the final was a major downer but at least i got a ticket, it is difficult to put in place a system thats fair, just frustrating when your a season ticket holder, have been to every round of the cup games and don't get a ticket for a old firm game and you hear of folk getting tickets and that will be their first game of the season. 

1 minute ago, Lothianbear said:

I was exactly the same, ok the final was a major downer but at least i got a ticket, it is difficult to put in place a system thats fair, just frustrating when your a season ticket holder, have been to every round of the cup games and don't get a ticket for a old firm game and you hear of folk getting tickets and that will be their first game of the season. 

It's frustrating but I won't complain about it. 

It is what it is. 

54 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

Not from Rangers they wont. You need to be on the schemes or know a player.