Has anyone seen Mr Hubbard lately?

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Good wishes to Bro. Johnny for a good rest and recovery.  I met him once and then only briefly.  Delighted to note that he travels to the east.

not that long ago he was passed to his 3rd , not sure if he moved forward but that is as much as I know.

So Mote It Be .

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny Hubbard has been attending the games for many a year now. Always friendly and interacting with fans, most of whom won't ever have seen him play.

I suspect few from the last 20-30yrs will ever be as good an ambassador as what Johnny has been. Sure, he will get looked after around Ibrox and from 3rd party events/clubs, but he can't have earned a great deal off of being an ex player - certainly won't be on the frequent 3 figure fees for every appearance like some. He always strikes me as being around simply because he loves it. A man in his 80s doesn't need to be doing what he does but do it he does, and one of the most approachable ex players there is.

Johnny isn't going to be around forever. However I hope he is around for a few more years yet.

38 minutes ago, Badger said:

Johnny Hubbard has been attending the games for many a year now. Always friendly and interacting with fans, most of whom won't ever have seen him play.

I suspect few from the last 20-30yrs will ever be as good an ambassador as what Johnny has been. Sure, he will get looked after around Ibrox and from 3rd party events/clubs, but he can't have earned a great deal off of being an ex player - certainly won't be on the frequent 3 figure fees for every appearance like some. He always strikes me as being around simply because he loves it. A man in his 80s doesn't need to be doing what he does but do it he does, and one of the most approachable ex players there is.

Johnny isn't going to be around forever. However I hope he is around for a few more years yet.

update on Mr Johnny Hubbard , this gentleman is in Hospital in AYR , STATION 16 which I believe is a stroke ward , they are looking to place him in an appropriate nursing/care home in the next 2/3 days his condition has  obviously improved for them to do this , his situation is complicated as his wife suffered a fall [ I believe ] and also suffers from slight dementia ,his Daughter is looking after things and I'm sure our good wishes be extended to them all ,