Barcelona '72

rab wilson

Great read, minstral. Wish I could've been over there for the match, but was only 13 at the time and without the resources to get there. My only regret was that Parlane wasn't on the field for the final (was over the moon that he scored against Bayern, though), but that was a VERY minor one and completely overshadowed by the fantastic end result. I'm still amazed my heart didn't explode during those last minutes - don't know if I'd ever survive were we to win a CL or eufa cup final at this stage in my life. What a great way to go, though...

del, as you know, Derek Parlane was the buisness, an attacking player of the highest order, and a great defender. I feel he is not remembered the way he should be.

Those were the days man !! The 70's was when I started to go, and to me, regardless of us not doing great, the best memories I will EVER have.

I agree Coop. DP was the Real Deal - the "King of Ibrox Park", and will remain so for me. It's impossible to top those 70s (and mid to late 60s) teams in my affections, though the 9IR teams are right on their heels.

I was born in 67. the first team I knew were the early/mid-seventies team, and still today, theys players are in my heart. No disrespect to all Rangers have achieved since, but to me, these were the sweetest days. Being a boy, the crowd, the noise and the smell of whisky !!

Supporters standing and the smell of whisky - key missing ingredients and no doubt why the atmosphere is but a pale shadow today. 'Course, the FTP brigade would be impossible to subdue if that weren't the case...

Great read, minstral. Wish I could've been over there for the match, but was only 13 at the time and without the resources to get there. My only regret was that Parlane wasn't on the field for the final (was over the moon that he scored against Bayern, though), but that was a VERY minor one and completely overshadowed by the fantastic end result. I'm still amazed my heart didn't explode during those last minutes - don't know if I'd ever survive were we to win a CL or eufa cup final at this stage in my life. What a great way to go, though...

del, as you know, Derek Parlane was the buisness, an attacking player of the highest order, and a great defender. I feel he is not remembered the way he should be.

Those were the days man !! The 70's was when I started to go, and to me, regardless of us not doing great, the best memories I will EVER have.

Sorry to stray off topic yet again, but i startedgoing with my dad evey game at ibrox in 77.i was only 5 but those experiences with my old man are something no amount of billions of pounds could ever come close to replacing.I remeber sitting in the new copland front must havebeen 80-81 against st mirren in the league cup semi when a rendition of the celticsong went up behind me.Next thing i remember was a massive rumbling noise then no more celtic song ever again in the copland.ha ha ha. love it.

hey coops can you mind they days when people had a pish and the crowd was that big they would pish down the back of your leg. :lol:

I can indeed minstral. I went to the Celtic v Airdrie Scottish Cup Final 1975 with my dad and uncle. I had an Airdrie top on, I was just a boy. Terraces of course. A big Celtic fan took offence to my Airdrie top and pissed on my back and trousers. He was right behind me. I remember him shouting 'proddy bastard'. I told my dad and he went mad. However, 2 or 3 Celtic fans grabbed this guy and dragged him onto the big stairs and thumped him.

Those were the days !!

Sorry to stray off topic yet again, but i startedgoing with my dad evey game at ibrox in 77.i was only 5 but those experiences with my old man are something no amount of billions of pounds could ever come close to replacing.I remeber sitting in the new copland front must havebeen 80-81 against st mirren in the league cup semi when a rendition of the celticsong went up behind me.Next thing i remember was a massive rumbling noise then no more celtic song ever again in the copland.ha ha ha. love it.

they were the days rab it makes you wonder why some of our fans cant see what a special support we had, and are just sitting back and allowing our enemies to try and divide us, because a united rangers support is one hell of a support.